Antares MC70 Telescope

Antares MC70 Telescope

Postby jon h » Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:13 pm

Has anyone had experience of using the Antares MC70 Telescope for astronomy.

I was thinking of buying one of these scopes to use for astronomical observing.

I have binoculars, but I find holding them steady enough is difficult . So I was thinking of trying this scope as I cannot afford or justify spending a lot of money on a Meade or Celestron, that I might only use infrequently.

Thanks
jon h

RE: Antares MC70 Telescope

Postby les » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:06 pm

HI Jon,
Sorry I've no experiance of Antares scopes,but what about a small Skywatcher refractor.Their usually good quility for the price.
Regards Les.
les

Postby kamerabug » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:06 pm

Hi Jon,
I use the MC70 with solar filter for some of my solar work. I have attempted to use it at night,but I find that the focus is a bit course.
If you already have bins, why not look at the Binoflex from the same supplier ?....Works very well, and easy to use.
Regards.....Len
kamerabug

Postby croenan » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:56 pm

or there was the article in either dec or january's issue of the sky at night magazine to make your own bino mirror type mount. I have the antares sentinel which is a little more expensive but mounts well on a sturdy photo tripod, the views through it are great.. at £219 as an OTA or bundled with a diagonal and eyepiece for £250 its a great buy..
croenan

Postby kamerabug » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:23 pm

Jon,
Has any of the info given been of any use to you ??
Kamerabug
kamerabug

Postby kmoo » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:00 pm

Hi Jon, I bought one for the Total eclipse in Turkey last year, very portable and good for solar photography. I tried it at night in Turkey but the small field of view made it impossible even to find Sirius. Not tried it since, but now thinking it might fit on the new 'Astrotrac' mount and with a Red Dot finder work well as a 'grab and go' scope.
keith
kmoo

Return to Binoculars & Scopes