Astro Course: February 3-5th, Knuston Hall, Northants

Find out about the best astronomy events to attend

Astro Course: February 3-5th, Knuston Hall, Northants

Postby jfjarvis » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:53 pm

[b]A weekend residential course starting on Friday 3rd February 2012 at 19:00[/b] [i]Knuston Hall, Irchester, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire. NN29 7EU
Tel: 01933 312 104
Web:[url=http://www.knustonhall.org.uk/index.jspx] www.knustonhall.org.uk/index.jspx[/url][/i]
Astronomy is a subject limited only by the size of the Universe and our ability to observe and understand its contents. This course will address some of astronomy’s hot topics including; extra-solar planets, the formation of the Universe, the methods/technology used by professional astronomers, the mysteries of our Solar System and how the general public are contributing to professional astrophysics. The course assumes no prior knowledge of astronomy and open discussion and questions are welcomed.
• Exoplanets Part 1: How to find them
• Exoplanets Part 2: What have we found
• The Big Bang Theory: How the Universe was born
• Tools of the Trade: The technology used by astronomers to study the Universe
• Exploration of the Solar System: What we’re yet to learn about our local neighbourhood in space
• ‘Citizen Science’: How the general public are contributing to professional astrophysics
• Making a Contribution: Hands-on computer based experience of ‘citizen science’
• Where can I find out more?: Free discussion of all topics & recommended sources of more information
This course aims to give delegates an introduction to a wide variety of ‘hot topics’ in astronomy. Via multimedia presentations and open discussion it is hoped that all delegates will have the opportunity to gain and improve their knowledge of a variety of aspects of astronomy in a relaxed and friendly manner.
jfjarvis

Return to Upcoming talks, events and exhibitions