Astronomy

A place to hang out and chat about astronomy

Astronomy

Postby williamTi » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:26 am

Months ago I purchased a diagonal for my Celestron CPC 1100 that would correct the image through the eyepiece. I purchased one in Amazon months ago. Finally after a number of months, I was able to get my telescope out this past weekend. Unfortunately, I discovered that this new diagonal doesn't connect to my CPC 1100. What adaptor would I need to get in order to enable this diagonal to be installed on my telescope?

BTW - what is the exact technical name for such a diagonal? I don't recall what it was but once I get that, I can tell you the brand. The issue is, the diagonal that I purchased doesn't have the threaded connector ring that threads into the receiver at the back of the telescope.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Celestron CPC 1100 StarBright XLT GPS Schmidt-Cassegrain 2800mm Telescope
Celestron with both 1.25" and 2" Eyepiece setups.
williamTi

Re: Astronomy

Postby Gfamily2 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:50 am

Hi and welcome.

Diagonals usually have a 1.25" or 2" barrel at one end, and a 1.25" or 2" opening at the other, so it would simply fit into the visual back in the same way as the eyepiece would.

Can you post a link to the diagonal.
Any diagonal will put the image 'correct way up', but a standard 90 degrees astronomical one will keep it reversed left-right.
There are 45 degree diagonals that are known as 'correcting' diagonals (or prisms) that do both up down and left-right correcting.
Scopes: Meade 8" SCT, Skywatcher 127mm Mak, Raffle winner of SW ST80
For imaging: Pentax K5, Asda webcam, Star Adventurer (new toy)
For companionship: Mid Cheshire Astronomical Group.
(Not a moderator)
Gfamily2

Return to General