Astronomy workshop in Cheshire ...

Find out about the best astronomy events to attend

Astronomy workshop in Cheshire ...

Postby agskyatnight » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:13 pm

Dear All

Just a quick reminder to let you know that if you wish to attend our full-day BAA astronomy workshop, time is running out! Please complete the booking form and return it to the address specified as soon as possible.

If this announcement is new to you, here's a outline of the event Macclesfield Astronomical Society are hosting:

As Chairman of Macclesfield Astronomical Society (based at Jodrell Bank), I would like to take this opportunity to inform you of an event to be hosted by us called the BAA astronomy workshop, on Saturday 27th October 2007. It will be a great opportunity to network with other astronomers (and members of the community) plus peruse and purchase equipment/items on display from Stockport Binocular and Telescope Centre, Alpenstock and Aurora Books.

The event promises to contain a great programme of talks (about the Moon, Sun, planets and stars) and practical sessions to help develop your interest to its full potential.

Please read our press release (<www.imagepalette.com/_mas/downloads/press_release.pdf>) and booking form (<www.imagepalette.com/_mas/downloads/booking_form.pdf>) and spread the word!

Tickets are priced at £7.50 for BAA members and £15.00 for non-members (members of Macclesfield Astronomical Society will be charged £7.50). Students and school pupils and can take advantage of a reduced rate of £10.00 per ticket. The cost includes lunch and all refreshments.

We hope we can count on your support to make this event a success, especially as it gives us a golden opportunity to promote our great hobby.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. Alternatively, you can visit our website at <www.maccastro.com>.

Best regards, and clear skies

Andrew Greenwood
Chairman, Macclesfield Astronomical Society
<www.maccastro.com>
agskyatnight

RE: Astronomy workshop in Cheshire ...

Postby dave.b » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:30 pm

Well it's abit late notice, but I'll try and get myself there!

Dave B.
dave.b

RE: Astronomy workshop in Cheshire ...

Postby dave.b » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:06 pm

Well, I did get myself there and had an excellent day. Well done MAS (and the BAA)!

Regards
Dave B.
dave.b

Return to Upcoming talks, events and exhibitions