Baker Street Irregular Astronomers Meeting

Baker Street Irregular Astronomers Meeting

Postby pulsar » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:40 am

Just a quick bit of information, the Baker street irregular astronomers are holding a free to attend star party in regents park London on the 8th December 2010 at 18:30 -22:00. It's also free to join the society as well.

I will be going to this event as it is pretty local to me. And would encourage anyone based in London to go too If they can spare the time. The event has been organised by Simon Bennett from the Widescreen centre. And it looks like it will be a lot of fun. Now all I need is someone with a car to help me transport my LX mmm.[:D]

WRAP UP WARMLY though [:D]
Second Star To The Right And Straight On Till Morning...
(Captain James T Kirk U.S.S Enterprise...)
pulsar

RE: Baker Street Irregular Astronomers Meeting

Postby pulsar » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:46 am

Got home from the star party in Regents park at about 00:30 and it was a really good night and the sky was beautifully clear. Jupiter was absolutley amazing to see through an 11 inch SCT it was really clearly resolved with many bands of clouds visible great to see the missing cloud band through a big aperture telescope and also M42 the Great Orion Nebula was amazing with a tremendous amount of detail in the cloud structure.

I also got to try out some really nice apochromatic refractors on various targets such as M45 and M31 and I now appreciate a nice dielectric 2" diagonal and eyepiece the difference is trully great over the 1.25" eyepieces and diagonals that I currently own so definately on my shopping list.

It was a really nice experience everybody was very nice and it was a real pleasure to use my knowledge to help some others who were new to astronomy to figure out their telescopes and show them a few jewels of the London skies. I will be attending again next month the next meeting will be on the 5th of jan 2011. Hopefully see you down there.[:D][:D]

Second Star To The Right And Straight On Till Morning...
(Captain James T Kirk U.S.S Enterprise...)
pulsar

Return to Past events