Get a heads up on the best celestial events to observe

bbc2 wonders of the solor system

Postby sacg56uvc » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:26 pm

"reminder"

BBC 2 Wonders of the solor system "TONIGHT"

sacg56uvc

RE: bbc2 wonders of the solor system

Postby brianb » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 am

Dunno what it is about this programme - maybe it's because I watch so little TV these days. But I haven't got round to playing my recording of the first episode yet (I was out observing when it was broadcast [:)]) and the other two episodes, I've fallen asleep, at around 20 minutes and 25 minutes in respectively.

Anyone else have this problem? Should the BBC market it as a sleep aid?

brianb

Postby philf » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:33 pm

That's really spooky. It does exactly the same thing to me at pretty much the same way into it, yet the guy's really charismatic, the content is really interesting and the graphics are pretty special too. Could there be something here for the conspiracy theorists? [:D] Have downloaded all three episodes on BBC i player and watched them again. It could just be that it's 9:00 on Sunday evening with no commercial breaks to get a quick caffeine hit in.
philf

Postby adrena1in » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:36 pm

Same here. I put it down to the time it's on. My g/f and I both struggle to stay away, even though it's the best thing on TV at the moment. There's always the 7pm showing a day or two later. (I switched to that Series Link the other day when my recorder had a bit of a hiccup, and decided to not stop recording. I noticed the next morning at 6am when I let the dog out. Good job too or it would've quickly filled up the hard drive!!)
adrena1in

Postby nighthawk » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:06 am

I usually struggle to stay awake whatever the programme[&o]
Its an age thing ( I think)
nighthawk

Return to Astro Alerts