Books for sale

Buy and sell your astronomy equipment here

Books for sale

Postby bburtonbradford » Fri May 05, 2006 12:33 pm

I have some books and photo boxes (some very large) of the moon for sale. They are old (about 40 years) but should still be of use either for science, or interest. Also, a Black star on white background star atlas (1950) for sale. Anyone interested? All offers concidered.
bburtonbradford

RE: Books for sale

Postby jsc248 » Fri May 05, 2006 10:16 pm

Hi Jupiter1,
Can you give more details of the books please.
Thanks
John.
To me astronomy is looking up and thinking "What the heck is going on up there!!"
jsc248

RE: Books for sale

Postby bburtonbradford » Thu May 11, 2006 1:50 pm

Hello John,

Sorry for the delay in reurning your message, but I have been away. Right, the books. The Atlas of the heavens published by the Czechoslovak Academy of Science, is a black star on white sky maps of about 54cms by 39 cms, and other colours to show the milky way, nebula, and other objects. The next two are lunar map books. The first of these is the Times atlas of the moon some 100 phots of the moon, as well as other infomation (the history of mapping, the lunar landscape, techniques of Lunar flight to name a few). Next is the Rectified Lunar atlas. This atlas is the number two supplement of the photographic Lunar atlas. The third item is the aforementioned photographic lunar atlas. This is by far the biggest of my book, with photos measureing about 52cms by 43cms, and there are in excess of 200 prints in the box. All these books are quite old now dating from 1960/65, and are not in mint condition, but should still be of use, even if just for interest. Ihope that you find all this of interest John. If you want to know more, E-mail me. My address is [email=timmsfamily@waitrose.com]timmsfamily@waitrose.com[/email]

BYE FOR NOW
KEVIN
bburtonbradford

Return to Reader Classifieds