Switch to full style
A place to talk about the magazine's vodcast
Post a reply

Bringing back the podcasts

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:16 pm

I do like the vodcasts but they are generally very short, the old podcasts which ran for around 30 minutes were great and had some really interesting interviews and features, is there any chance of bringing these back?

One of my favourite unrelated podcasts is PC Pro, these are released weekly and have the magazine writers discussing the latest news and developments and I think something similar for Sky at Night would be great, especially a panel of experts/interested amateurs arguing the topics of the moment.

Thanks!

RE: Bringing back the podcasts

Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:16 pm

Hi Dean,

Thanks for your comment. We kept going with the vodcasts (after the launch of the first one) simply because they got many thousands more downloads from iTunes/YouTube and our website than the podcast. Plus they allow us to discuss a lot more content and actually show the things we're talking about.

We have occasionally done the extended audio only podcasts (the last one was Episode 19 on the science of Avatar, two episodes ago) and we may do these again occasionally.

The main restriction is time. The [i]Sky at Night Magazine[/i] team is involved in producing the world's biggest astronomy magazine (108-page) and a coverdisc every month as well as our web activities so we have to fit our activities around the resources we have available. Hope this explains a bit more about how we operate.

Hope that explains a little more

All the best,

The [i]Sky at Night Magazine[/i] editorial team

RE: Bringing back the podcasts

Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:26 pm

Genuinely appreciate the response and understand where you are coming from with regards to resources, production time etc. and I do enjoy the vodcasts, just being greedy and wanting more than a 5 minute-a-month hit once you discount the ads and credits :)

Keep up the sterling work with the magazine.

Regards,

Dean

Re: Bringing back the podcasts

Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:08 pm

Yes, bring the podcasts back!!!
Post a reply