Calling podcast fans

A place to talk about the magazine's vodcast

Calling podcast fans

Postby Graham Southorn » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:36 pm

Anyone out there listen to our podcast?

If you do, please go on iTunes and give us a review! It looks like we're billy-no-mates at the moment as nobody has deemed us worthy of being reviewed!

'Course, it be great if you said nice things [;)]
Graham Southorn

RE: Calling podcast fans

Postby stargazer22 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:36 pm

I have listened to the podcast (1 & 2 - are there more?)

I don't use iTunes so I can't vote for you - but please accept my appreciation here - good work! keep it coming!

stargazer22

Postby Graham Southorn » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:36 pm

You're too kind.

Yes we've done 4 now. I think we're getting better at it - thanks for the encouragement.
Graham Southorn

Postby kev102 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:10 pm

absolutely fantastic chaps,when i create an account i will have a go at writing a review.....kev
kev102

Postby reggie » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:40 pm

Sorry Guys, you're great and so are your pdocasts but nothing is great enough to tempt me into signing up for itunes.
reggie

Postby psychobilly » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:20 pm

Whats a podcast?

Is it somethiong that a pea does?

psychobilly

Postby stargazer22 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:33 pm

[quote]ORIGINAL: Reggie

Sorry Guys, you're great and so are your pdocasts but nothing is great enough to tempt me into signing up for itunes.
[/quote]

seconded!
stargazer22

Postby duine » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:33 pm

[quote]ORIGINAL: GS

[quote]ORIGINAL: Reggie

[/quote]

seconded!

[/quote]

Can I ask why guys?

Mark

duine

Postby reggie » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:06 pm

Because I like winamp and won't have software foisted on me just because I need a codec to see/hear someones content. And I won't have cr*pola running in the background checking whether its up to date on the net for that crummy software I didn't ask for.

[rant]
There are too many companies out there that see it as their right to do this kind of thing, with half-baked software that slows PCs down so it can do it's thing (which usually isn't a great deal). They'll sit in the system tray, make your PC take an extra 30seconds (per boot) to become responsive enough to use while they all scurry off stealing processes, ram, HDD space, internet bandwidth.
[/rant]
reggie

Postby brianb » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:13 pm

[quote][rant]
There are too many companies out there that see it as their right to do this kind of thing, with half-baked software that slows PCs down so it can do it's thing (which usually isn't a great deal). They'll sit in the system tray, make your PC take an extra 30seconds (per boot) to become responsive enough to use while they all scurry off stealing processes, ram, HDD space, internet bandwidth.
[/rant]
[/quote]
Agree absolutely. In my opinion it ought to be illegal to distribute ANY software unless source code is provided, so that (a) the user can see what the software is doing, (b) the user can remove any functionality he/she does not want, (c) the user can add functionality to suit themselves.

Of course that does not mean that I believe in a total free for all - the software author's copyright must be respected, so it should be illegal to trade in modified copies of the software (unless specifically allowed by the licence agreement), just as it is to trade in illicit copies of the software.
brianb

Next

Return to Sky At Night vodcast