Can I be the first?

Share practical advice and tips on making your own kit

Can I be the first?

Postby skye at night » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:13 pm

Hello.

I thought I would grab the chance to be first post on a new forum area (that I suggested yesterday in an email to the editor) ....

Thanks to admin for listening....

I hope to both contribute to and learn a lot from this area.

Thanks,

Steve
skye at night

RE: Can I be the first?

Postby Chanctonbury » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:13 pm

Good suggestion, Steve. I can't contribute to actual telescope making but I may be able to contribute with 'accessory making' as I have designed and made many of the ancillary items that I use for imaging!
Chanctonbury

Postby skye at night » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:30 pm

[quote]ORIGINAL: skywatcher

Good suggestion, Steve. I can't contribute to actual telescope making but I may be able to contribute with 'accessory making' as I have designed and made many of the ancillary items that I use for imaging!
[/quote]

Thanks Steve,

Not sure I can say too much about actual telescope making yet, but you have to start somewhere...

Your accessories (I really liked the Starlight to canon adaptor you made) are probably just as useful and at home here.

When I get time i will post a pic and guide to my Barn Door mount... Crude but effective although no different really to the many designs out there already.

Thanks

Steve

skye at night

Postby Chanctonbury » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:03 pm

[quote]When I get time i will post a pic and guide to my Barn Door mount... Crude but effective[/quote]

I've seen sme great images taken this way!
Chanctonbury

Return to Telescope Making