celestron 102

celestron 102

Postby fezzz » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:10 am

hi have a celestron 102 slt i am very happy with this scope but think that i might be missing somthing. it came with bog standard eye pieces so could anybody tell me what eye pieces i should upgrade to to enhance my sessions thanks
the meak shall inherite the earth the rest of us shall escape to the stars
fezzz

RE: celestron 102

Postby yaffle » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:13 am

Hi,
I have the same scope - I dont find the quality of the 9 or 25mm it came with to bad, assuming we're not talking about really expensive replacements!

I would recommend a reasonable 32mm or 40mm wide angle to get some fantastic wide field views, which will bring this scope alive on starfields etc.

Higher power wise, I've not had a great deal of luck - A wide angle scope such as this cant compare with a longer focal length scope on, say, the planets - I have tried it though and found a Barlow coupled with the 9mm gives respectable views, and this is in preference to using a 5mm (for example) - odd really the opposite applies for my other scopes - Barlows just must suit this scope....

Mail me if you need any further advice - i have tried this scope with just about EP size going!

Regards
Alastair
yaffle

Return to Eyepieces & Lenses