Celestron SkyMaster 15x70 bins

A place to talk about Sky at Night Magazine's comprehensive reviews section

RE: Celestron SkyMaster 15x70 bins

Postby novice » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:36 am

[font="trebuchet ms"][color=#ccffcc]If anyone else is further on than the "I'd like these, but if I get them at all it will have to wait until after Christmas now" stage that I'm at looking at these binoculars, I've found them for £75 p&p included on f1 cameras - here's the web address:[/color][/font]
[font="trebuchet ms"][color=#ccffcc][/color][/font]
[url=http://www.f1cameras.co.uk/shop.php?id=172&level]http://www.f1cameras.co.uk/shop.php?id=172&level[/url]=
novice

Postby mike lewis » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:36 pm

I got a pair of the Meade 10X50's from Lidls last year, for £14.95 the price was so good that even if they were poor I hadn't lost much. I was very pleasantly surprised! They show a good field of view, the definition and colour correction are as good as some binoculars that cost a lot more, and they even have a tripod connector. I'm looking forward to the time when Lidl have a Meade 12" LXR on sale for £29.99 lol (in my dreams!)
mike lewis

Postby timelord52 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:56 pm

[quote]ORIGINAL: NairB

Hi Everyone,

Im a newbie to the forum and pretty new to astonomy.

Anyways, i decided to buy Celestron SkyMaster 15x70 bins thanks to the reviews etc you chaps gave them and boy am i pleased.[:)]

However it wasn't all plain sailing as my first two sets i got out of Argos had problems.
First set had severe collimation problem and were giving me headaches then the second set had a bad focus/distortion problem on the right eye piece.

After returning the last set i was very tempted to get my money back and go elsewhere to buy a different make of binocular but i decided to go for 3rd time lucky.....and my goodness what a good decision [:)]

I took my new bins out of the box and a visual inspection verified all was good with the bins. The focusing on the right eye piece was set at the little 0 (zero) and i looked through them turning the centre focus....BINGO....WOW.....Crisp, Sharp, Clear, Bright and beautifully collimated....PERFECTO!!!!!
I was amazed at the fact that i didn't need to adjust the right eye piece focus at all...left it sitting on 0 (zero) which was excellent as both my eyes are more or less equal in sight.
But the most interesting thing was yet to strike me. When turning the center focus slowly and gently, i noticed a little click or blip sensation on the center focus just as the bins are perfectly focused at medium to long range. In fact, because of this click sensation in the focus movement, i dont have to look through the binos to focus them, when i feel it click, i look through the bins and hey presto....perfectly focused. Feels like these babies were custom made for my eyes [:)]

Well, sorry for rabbiting on, thought i would let you know my situation with these binoculars.....from agony to ectasy [;)]

Anyway....after all that.....i NEED a clear sky LoL

Until later....

-Brian
[/quote]
Hey NairB Nice to see you here mate I'm very new here and haven't been here for ages. Anyway pop round the LPF when your not too busy [;)]
timelord52

Postby mikebrock » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:30 pm

Hello all - new to this forum and astronomy at that. Any way - just to say I bought a pair of Celestron SkyMaster 15x70 binoculars this weekend from Argos. Seem to be well made with plenty light grasp for what they are in terms of cost value for money etc. Looking forward to the big test at night when weather eventually permits. [:)]
mikebrock

Postby merl1nxlm » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:46 pm

Hi everyone, I have finally bought the celestron sky master 15X80 bins. Well happy with the result, I had been using a pair of 10X50 for many years for astronomy. But after using these new celestrons, it has opened up a new chapter in astronomy for me. I can see so much more of the heavens, it’s brilliant. It has defiantly got me coming back into astronomy with a buzz. [:D]
merl1nxlm

Previous

Return to First Light and Group Test