Comet Wirtanen

Post your latest observations, sketches or astro images here

Re: Comet Wirtanen

Postby Aratus » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Well - I was sort of nearly right ! :D

I hope you got clearer skies than I did. A high pressure system at this time of year is just going to cap the atmosphere with cloud and fog! What we need in the UK now is some clear, dry north-easterlies ! (for astronomy anyway) With the moon so bright, it is excellant conditions for guiding reindeer and sleighs, but not for seeing faint objects. :lol: I'll wait until after Christmas before I have another go.
I use an 11" reflector (Celestron CPC 1100) and a 3" refractor, (Sky-Watcher ST80) mounted on an equatorial wedge, housed in a 2.2m Pulsar observatory. I use a ZWO ASI 120MM, ZWO ASI1600MC and Canon 1300D for imaging.
Aratus

Re: Comet Wirtanen

Postby Aratus » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:48 pm

28th December 2018

Wirtanen is still with us - now way over to the north going from Auriga to Lynx. It is still a 'fuzzy', but noticably dimmer than it was before Christmas. The 'bright' stars in this 60 second shot are 8th magnitude.

I use an 11" reflector (Celestron CPC 1100) and a 3" refractor, (Sky-Watcher ST80) mounted on an equatorial wedge, housed in a 2.2m Pulsar observatory. I use a ZWO ASI 120MM, ZWO ASI1600MC and Canon 1300D for imaging.
Aratus

Previous

Return to Your astro observations, images & sketches