Connecting new nexstar 102slt to pc help needed

Ask your fellow astronomers to solve your telescope queries

Connecting new nexstar 102slt to pc help needed

Postby smokebeer » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:58 pm

Hi I am new to this telescope and would like to connect to my pc or laptop win10/win7
I went and got the cables I thought I would need
installed nexremote and checked under devices to see what com port had been given It said com3 so I picked that port in setup and picked mount and firmware I am not totally sure what virtual port was so ive tried them all with no luck all it ever says is" unable to communicate with telescope" on both pc's.
Any tips or advice is welcome thanks
smokebeer

Re: Connecting new nexstar 102slt to pc help needed

Postby smokebeer » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:00 am

might have sorted it ;/ instead of using the aux port and serial ports/cables I just used a usb typeA
from the pc into the handset and kept it plugged into the scope and the slew buttons etc seem to work through nexremote :) aww its cloudy again so I will test it outside soon(curse the chemtrails hiding nibiru lol)....
smokebeer

Postby Aratus » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:37 pm

I think the latest hardware imitates a com port through a USB convertor. It should be more convenient since many computers no longer have serial ports. I'm afraid that even a computerised telescope can't see through cloud!
I use an 11" Celestron SCT (CPC 1100) on an equatorial wedge, with an 80mm refractor as a guidescope. They are housed in a 2.2m Pulsar observatory. I use a ZWO ASI1600MC for imaging.
Aratus

Postby dave.b » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:22 pm

The serial port connection is the RJ11 connector at the base of the handset.
dave.b

Return to Equipment Advice