Gear

Gear

Postby philf » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:43 pm

Help. I've recently acquired a Celestron C11 and EQ6 mount but the motor drive isn't working. Does anyone have, or know anyone who has a standard dual axis motor drive kit, maybe surplus to requirements after a goto upgrade. Willing to pay, obviously. Also i need 15kg worth of counterweights to fit an EQ6. I cant use the scope till I at least sort the drive and I'm desperate to get out with it. Cheers[&:]
philf

RE: Gear

Postby philr » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:23 pm

As it happens I do have these motors spare, after upgrading to the go-to kit. I don't know what they are worth, make me an offer perhaps.

Phil
philr

Postby philf » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:26 pm

Hi Phil. Thanks for your reply. I just missed out on a set on Astro buy/sell that the guy was selling for £35:00 including postage, for the motors, handset and front plate. It's still on the site and also on the stargazers lounge site if you'd like to check. I'm happy to pay that if that sounds ok to you. I live just outside Southampton. If you're anywhere nearby (within an hours drive) I'll gladly collect. Just to check, it is the black EQ6 isn't it?
philf

Postby philr » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:06 pm

deleted
philr

Postby drechana » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:26 pm

Phil

Thats a bit off mate, you said you said you have them spare and to make you an offer. He has made you an offer and now you are saying you are inclined to keep it just in case....in case of what?

Not being funny but with you saying "£35 dont go far nowadays" it is obvious you are wanting to sell it for more. If £35 isnt enough then say it isnt enough and dont string people along and beat around the bush with things like "I might keep it now"

It is not fair. Please keep up the good standard and nature of this forum by being honest and up front with other members.

Drec

drechana

Postby davsiste » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:06 pm

I agree with drechana.

In fact I was going to say something, what do you expect, full price. The kit new is about £130 so £40 used would be about right.

If you had no intention of selling then do not place the advert.

I fully appreciate that you asked for offers and are again fully entitled to decline them, but again I agree with drechana, there are standards of good will here and you have to be ablew to trust people.
davsiste

Postby philf » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:26 pm

Hi Davsiste,
Have heard no more so I assume Phil has decided to keep the motors. You mentioned that the kit is around £130 new. Have you any idea where I can get one. I'd pay £130 if I could find one but no astro shop websites appear to have any, hence I'm looking on Classifieds. I'm getting a bit desparate now. I've got a lovely scope that I cant use. Aaaaaarrrggh!
philf

deleted

Postby philr » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:46 pm

deleted
philr

Postby drechana » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:53 pm

You are missing the point Philr.

You said make 'me an offer' but had already decided to keep them just in case. That was completley pointless and a waste of Dale69's time especially considering how long it took for you to actually confirm this fully.

Yes I have had to reconsider an offer and it has been due to price....if I wanted to keep something just in case, I wouldnt change my mind, ask someone to make me an offer and then change my mind again and keep it. Keeping something 'just in case' something fails is permanant surley, thats the whole point of keeping it 'just in case'.

It is rude, inconsiderate and a waste of people's time to do what you have done. You say you reacted with the possibility of a sale....no you didnt and even if you believe you did it should not be done like that. You have had them this long 'just in case' why would you sell them...you know as well as I do and anyone else who reads this post that you had no intention of selling and if you did he obviously didnt offer enough for you. Next time say...'sorry I want more for them'.

Also if you do not want to sell or are in two minds about selling something in the future DO NOT post asking people to make an offer. Wait until you are 100% sure that you want to sell it and then post.

Basic internet forum sales etiquette.

Kind Regards

James

(P.S) Go easy with the delusions of grandeur...is it really your call to say when a thread ends....I think that single sentence just sums all this bother up completley.
drechana

deleted

Postby philr » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:53 pm

deleted
philr

Return to Wanted