Good Evening

Come and say hello to your fellow Sky at Night Magazine fan

Good Evening

Postby TonyW » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:10 am

Hi all, just registered on the forum after getting my first telescope for christmas (not bad at almost 42 years old). Needless to say I've wanted to get into astronomy in more depth for a long time, and hopefully expand my photography into astrophotography as well.
So, I'm just starting out, I've got the Bresser Skylux EL, which I'm just getting to grips with, slowly to be fair, but I guess there is a lot to learn, especially with finding where things are to look at.
Hopefully I'll soon get the hang of it.
TonyW

Re: Good Evening

Postby PurpleStar » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:24 pm

Hello, I got my first telescope yesterday for my 40th. There is a lot to learn haha. All the best.
PurpleStar

Re: Good Evening

Postby Aratus » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:54 pm

Hello Tony

I think you will get a head start with all the information and advice here. I would say that knowing were to look is second only to knowing how to operate your telescope. Even the best telescope is pretty boring if it is pointing at mundane objects. If you get stuck for something to look at - call in here and ask !
I use an 11" Celestron SCT (CPC 1100) on an equatorial wedge, housed in a 2.2m Pulsar observatory. I use a ZWO ASI1600MC and Canon 500D for imaging.
Aratus

Return to Introductions