Good Night Sir Patrick

A place for general chat about Sky at Night Magazine

Good Night Sir Patrick

Postby Bilbo » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

I've just finished working and arrived home to find a man I've admired for nearly all of my fifty years has passed away. I came to this site expecting something, anything really, and found nothing. Disgraceful. Sir Patrick was an inspiration to millions, A credit to The BBC and this country and will be sadly missed. So my first and last post ends.
Bilbo

Re: Good Night Sir Patrick

Postby Murth » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:36 am

Fairwell Patrick, as a child you gave me the stars, you have allways been an inspiration and allways will be.

Thankyou.
Murth

Postby Supercooper » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:45 am

Patrick always answered my letters when astronomy fever got hold when I was 13. For the next 5 years he was always there with a kind word and an answer. I met him in Kensington at AstroFest in 1999 while Paul Money and I (SkybyNight Publications) were sharing a stall with Earth & Sky Books. Patrick was a planet in a room full of asteroids!

Although I'm writing this three and a bit years after he passed, there still isn't a week goes by without thinking about Sir Patrick and the contribution he made to my astronomy history.

R.I.P. Sir Patrick Moore C.B.E., F.R.S., F.R.A.S.

Barry Cooper
________________________________________________________________________________________
For My FREE Telescope Help Website: http://supercooper.jimdo.com/

Using fab Helios f8 150mm Achromatic Refractor on SkyWatcher EQ5 - enjoing the views!
Supercooper

Postby david48 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:51 pm

He wrote so many good books. His "Boy's Book of Astronomy" was a treasured guide in my young days.

And "Can You Speak Venusian" is a jewel-like masterpiece of humour.
david48

Postby Supercooper » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:20 am

On the anniversary of his passing, I would just like to say that I still haven't forgotten Patrick's humble charm and think of his wise words almost daily.

RIP Sir Patrick
________________________________________________________________________________________
For My FREE Telescope Help Website: http://supercooper.jimdo.com/

Using fab Helios f8 150mm Achromatic Refractor on SkyWatcher EQ5 - enjoing the views!
Supercooper

Return to General