group tests 'like for like'

A place to talk about Sky at Night Magazine's comprehensive reviews section

RE: group tests 'like for like'

Postby pulsar » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:56 pm

I just believe in getting the best value for my money and for those around me.[:D]

You can trust me "Honest"..
Second Star To The Right And Straight On Till Morning...
(Captain James T Kirk U.S.S Enterprise...)
pulsar

Postby lukeskywatcher » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:13 pm

My dad always paid cash for ANYTHING he bought and he would not buy it is he didnt get a discount (as small as it may be) for cash customers. I am pretty much the same but i have a debit card.......................i just use that......................so no discounts for me.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the good old days of shopping for things with a wad of cash on your hip.

Damn modern technology...damn you to hell.
lukeskywatcher

Postby pulsar » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:20 pm

Your father was a wise man no wonder you are such a gifted jedi.
I agree modern technology is wonderful but I don't like cards really. The only time I use them is when I buy something from telescopehouse or another dealer. I certainly don't want one of those new Visa cards you know the ones that you just swipe no pin no nothing. Dodgy I say very dodgy and they rant on about id fraud I ask you.

Another note that by living with this philosophy can save you a good deal over the course of a year. Indeed just making your own lunch for work could save you upto £1000 a year now how's that for a new CCD setup or something.
pulsar

Postby lukeskywatcher » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:53 pm

My card requires me to input my 4 digit number every time and every now and then for security i am asked to sign the reciept.
lukeskywatcher

Postby pulsar » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:43 am

At least that's something. But nowt can compare with the feel of moohlah in your hand and knowing that when you wave in it front of a salesman they'll be drooling like Wyle E Coyote after the Roadrunner MEEP MEEP.

And you have the power then. Just watch em squirm it's hilarious really and a bit sad. But that's Britain today in these crunchy credit days.

Let's hope astro gear prices don't trully go astro eh.
pulsar

Postby lukeskywatcher » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:00 am

Forget the credit crunch. My dad was waving wads of cash in the faces of sales people 20-30 yrs ago and they always get excited.
lukeskywatcher

Postby brianb » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:10 am

[quote]My card requires me to input my 4 digit number every time and every now and then for security i am asked to sign the reciept.
[/quote]
Ha ha ha, I got a chip 'n' sign card because I simply do not trust the "security" in the PIN system; 1 in 10000 is bad enough but in practice the number can be extracted in on average 15, at most 23 trials - without bothering to shoulder surf or tap in to the commumications network.

brianb

Postby brianb » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:10 am

[quote]Nothing annoys me more than (Perhaps I am sexist), waiting in a queue at the supermarket, seeing the woman in front take all day to pack her ten items and then finally hunt for her card,[/quote]
It's those *bleep* loyalty cards that are the real problem.
brianb

Postby dadofjack » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:20 pm

[quote]ORIGINAL: ion

seeing the woman in front take all day to pack her ten items and then finally hunt for her card, did it not occur to her that she had to "pay" when leaving, and have it ready in her hand, hello.

[/quote]

Lol, but not quite as bad as my father in law who when shopping with his wife went to the checkout put his stuff through and when asked for payment promptly told the casheir that his wife would pay and would be along soon . She was a tad embarressed nudging past the people in the que when she finally found him .
dadofjack

Postby lukeskywatcher » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:53 pm

[i][b]In fact no, the MOST annoying thing is the womsn who's placed her shopping on the checkout, you see just a fer items there and join, only to find the &^% has gone back to collect a few more items she forgot, any manners and she would have paid and gone round again. [/b][/i]

You are sooooooooooooo RIGHT. Today i was in a supermarket and the woman in front of me at the checkout had put ALL her food through and paid for it when she suddenly remembered about 10 items she forgot. So off she went to get them...................................

15 minutes later she came back and jumped back in front of me to pay for them.

I was like...........................WTF??????????

I publically shook my head at her and said "Well there's 15 minutes of our lives that none of us in this queue will never get back".

lukeskywatcher

PreviousNext

Return to First Light and Group Test