Happy With Your Part-Work Tellurion?

A place to hang out and chat about astronomy

Happy With Your Part-Work Tellurion?

Postby clipperride » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:13 pm

I noticed that several people have had problems with the part work Tellurion that a few of us have been building. I wonder if it is worth grouping together in order to resolve the issues? Please add your comments to this thread if you are either pleased or otherwise with the finished model.

Regards

Mark B.
clipperride

RE: Happy With Your Part-Work Tellurion?

Postby amature_brett » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:13 pm

Right lets get this started.

[color=#CC3300]-The Sun isn't as described in the magazine and official video, it should be pushed down as a whole unit and not taken apart to turn on its illumination. In addition to this when the Sun is illuminated there appears to be a shadow running round its equator due to the sonic weld of the two halves.[/color]

[color=#0000FF]-The earth also has an unsightly seam on its equator, also not shown in the magazine.[/color]

Not the most technical post I know

Brett

amature_brett

RE: Happy With Your Part-Work Tellurion?

Postby clipperride » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:46 pm

I'm afraid there isn't all that much you can do in that situation as the publishers reserve the right to change parts without notice. That means they can alter how the Sun turns on & off.

As for the Earth, I would request a replacement. When I was waiting for the first issues to arrive, I bought a copy from the local newsagent. The Earth I got from that issue had an obvious seam, but the one that came with my subscription had no visible seam.

Although the publishers can alter parts during the series, the overall model must be fit for purpose. Those who can't get the Tellurion to work will certainly be able to complain and expect some thing to be done to resolve their problems.

Regards

Mark B.
clipperride

Return to General