Has anyone used QCfocus with webcam

A place to hang out and chat about astronomy

Has anyone used QCfocus with webcam

Postby mrkrigdon » Tue May 15, 2007 1:06 pm

Hi Gang, at last i have had my webcam modified have anyone used QCfocus with their webcam if so what you think about it.Is it a good site to down load to use the webcam with thanks.Mark.R
mrkrigdon

RE: Has anyone used QCfocus with webcam

Postby 1981astro » Tue May 15, 2007 1:23 pm

I haven't used that yet, although it looks like it can now do much the same as K3CCD tools.

I'm going to download tonight and give it a go. I haven't changed my webcam to do long exposure, that's something I'll do in the summer.

Like the fact it will do avi's (for use then in Registax) and has a good focus module. After a month of use, I finally found out last night that K3CCD tools has a module for Focusing!!!! Doh [8|]
1981astro

Postby mrkrigdon » Tue May 15, 2007 1:40 pm

Thanks for the info Luke,With K3CCD tools it is free for a month then you pay to use it same goes with some of the other sites i have noticed.But QCfocus is free.Mark.R
mrkrigdon

Postby 1981astro » Tue May 15, 2007 2:13 pm

There is a K3CCD tools lite version which is free (you have to put the code from the web in every 2 months or something like that), but I'm having issues with that, vista and the 900NC webcam.

This looks a very good alternative. hoping for some clear skies to run a test!
1981astro

Postby little legs » Tue May 15, 2007 3:03 pm

Sounds interesting...

Will download QCfocus and give a go. More so now as i'm still having trouble converting from WMV to AVI and don't relish the thought of having more trouble with vista and K3CCD[8|] (and it's free[:D])
little legs

Postby gammalog » Tue May 15, 2007 3:03 pm

Yep, I have.

Been usiung QCfocus for some time now, and quite like it.

Much prefer it to using the VLounge software that came wtih the SPC900NC web-cam.

No problem in downloading it from the site.

Be aware that when first installed, its in Fench, and you have to sellect the English language option after you've installed it. There is no option for doing this during installation.

Dave
gammalog

Postby little legs » Tue May 15, 2007 3:20 pm

[quote]ORIGINAL: gammalog

Be aware that when first installed, its in Fench, and you have to sellect the English language option after you've installed it. There is no option for doing this during installation.

Dave
[/quote]

I think i have already downloaded this on my other computer[:-]
Memory not like it use to be[8|][:D]
little legs

Postby dangerous_dave » Tue May 15, 2007 3:36 pm

[quote]ORIGINAL: Little Legs

Sounds interesting...

Will download QCfocus and give a go. More so now as i'm still having trouble converting from WMV to AVI and don't relish the thought of having more trouble with vista and K3CCD[8|] (and it's free[:D])
[/quote]

Karah, if the software shipped with your quickcam only records wmv, I would switch to something that records avi's ASAP, eg QCFocus or K3CCDTools. wmv is a compressed format and, even if you can get a tool to convert it to avi, you will be losing a lot of information at source. I had a similar problem with Philips VLounge wanting to save my SPC900NC movies as mpeg.
dangerous_dave

Postby rm3001 » Tue May 15, 2007 3:36 pm

Hi everyone,

I've just tried to run this application but it asks for system files in the system32 folder. Having followed the instructions in copying the particular sys file in to the right folder and made a merge to the system registry for the reg entry file in the application folders and rebooted the PC it still will not run!

BTW I made a restore point before I installed this so I can a least get my registry entries back to where they were before I installed this one.

Think I'll stick with the Vlounge capture application with the webcam and keep using my Hartmann mask!
rm3001

Postby little legs » Tue May 15, 2007 5:50 pm

Hi Dave,

Oh well, but it was free (love that word..FREEEE[:D]). Wiil be getting something else begining of the month, husbands payday[;)]. Can't decide between Philips spc900 or Celestron Neximage! I have a friend that can get me the neximage for £45....decisions decisions[:-]

When i do convert(albeit i lose a small bit of video to the lefthand side) it does say uncompressed. I never knew what it was on about so i just click yes ok,LOL[:)]
little legs

Next

Return to General