Hello everybody,

Come and say hello to your fellow Sky at Night Magazine fan

Hello everybody,

Postby ansmith » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:41 am

I'm ansmith. I'm a new member of the forum skyatnightmagazine , very pleased to be acquainted and make friends to share everything in life with people. Especially learned from the forum.
ansmith

Re: Hello everybody,

Postby Aratus » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:24 pm

Hello. I'm pleased you've managed to log on. It has been a little difficult recently.
I use an 11" Celestron SCT (CPC 1100) on an equatorial wedge, housed in a 2.2m Pulsar observatory. I use a ZWO ASI1600MC and Canon 500D for imaging.
Aratus

Postby Gfamily2 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:44 pm

Hi and welcome.
Great to have you on board.
Scopes: Meade 8" SCT, Skywatcher 127mm Mak
For imaging: Pentax K5, Asda webcam, Star Adventurer (new toy)
For companionship: Mid Cheshire Astronomical Group.
Gfamily2

Postby wooah62 » Sat May 05, 2018 7:33 am

Hi...I'm new to this forum and astronomy as well. Just getting to grips with this new hobby and as a bit of a technophobe posting onto this forum as well.Stupid question number one....how do I post a new item on this "introduction" part of the forum as I only seemed to be able to post a reply? PS I have just bought a Skymax 90 as my first real telescope after going through a minefield of information with a full EQ1 tripod.
wooah62

Postby Gfamily2 » Sat May 05, 2018 10:15 am

wooah62 wrote:Hi...I'm new to this forum and astronomy as well. Just getting to grips with this new hobby and as a bit of a technophobe posting onto this forum as well.Stupid question number one....how do I post a new item on this "introduction" part of the forum as I only seemed to be able to post a reply? PS I have just bought a Skymax 90 as my first real telescope after going through a minefield of information with a full EQ1 tripod.

Hi Wooah and welcome.

The forum software is quite restrictive on what it allows new users to do - we recently had a problem with spammers, which disrupted things for a while. It's not ideal, and it makes it difficult for new members like you to join in; however, after you have made a few posts, you should be able to start your own threads.

I'll start a "New to the Forum?, got any Questions?" thread so feel free to use that if you want to ask any technical questions.
Scopes: Meade 8" SCT, Skywatcher 127mm Mak
For imaging: Pentax K5, Asda webcam, Star Adventurer (new toy)
For companionship: Mid Cheshire Astronomical Group.
Gfamily2

Postby beanerds » Thu May 10, 2018 2:57 pm

Hi Ansmith , like you I just joined and like what I see , welcome from me .

Beanerds.
Celestron C9.25 on Celestron CI700 mount .
iStar 127mm f8 refractor .
Saxon 100mm f10 on Vixen SP mount .
Long Perng 60mm f7 triplet on EQ2 mount .

A few others and lots of eyepieces
beanerds

Postby Aratus » Thu May 10, 2018 11:07 pm

It does make 'introductions' rather difficult if you have to post a number of messages first, but at least it has stopped the 'spam'. Perhaps we can replicate Gfamily2's idea, and have a general introduction thread too.
I use an 11" Celestron SCT (CPC 1100) on an equatorial wedge, housed in a 2.2m Pulsar observatory. I use a ZWO ASI1600MC and Canon 500D for imaging.
Aratus

Return to Introductions