Hello from Supercooper Telescope Help

Come and say hello to your fellow Sky at Night Magazine fan

Hello from Supercooper Telescope Help

Postby Supercooper » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:00 pm

HI all,

A big hello to you all from me, SuperCooper. I am an experienced observational amateur astronomer, one time aquaintance of Patrick Moore and john Dobson and I have a lot of advice to give for free.

To this end I have set up a website with plenty of telescope advice guides and information for the newcommer. I am fanatical about steering people in the right direction when it comes to telescopic equipment.

If you'd like to look at my site,
Google: "supercooper telescope help."
or YouTube: "Astronomy and telescope questions answered. SuperCooper Telescope Help - Website Promotion Video."

There are no fees, adverts or joining up - Just message me and I'm on it!

Clear skies and good seeing, Barry.
________________________________________________________________________________________
For My FREE Telescope Help Website: http://supercooper.jimdo.com/

Using fab Helios f8 150mm Achromatic Refractor on SkyWatcher EQ5 - enjoing the views!
Supercooper

Re: Hello from Supercooper Telescope Help

Postby Aratus » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:49 pm

Hello Barry.

Welcome! . . and I look forward to reading your posts.
I use an 11" Celestron SCT (CPC 1100) on an equatorial wedge, housed in a 2.2m Pulsar observatory. I use a ZWO ASI1600MC and Canon 500D for imaging.
Aratus

Postby Supercooper » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:56 am

Hello Aratus,
You should know my best man and astro-friend, Paul Money. Tell him 'Hi', next time you bump into him :D

Thank you for your welcome, I hope to help a few beginners along the way.

Barry
________________________________________________________________________________________

Using fab Helios f8 150mm Achromatic Refractor on SkyWatcher EQ5 - enjoing the views!
Supercooper

Postby Aratus » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:56 pm

Lincolnshire is a big county - but I'll do my best. :P

Having been away from the county for 30 years, I've only just returned, but a couple of local astronomers have said they have heard him speak locally. I imagine it is only a matter of time. :D

I'm pleased to say that there are a good number of people here who love to help beginners, so you are in good company. There is a lot of expertise still left for some of us seasoned individuals, so that's good too.
I use an 11" Celestron SCT (CPC 1100) on an equatorial wedge, housed in a 2.2m Pulsar observatory. I use a ZWO ASI1600MC and Canon 500D for imaging.
Aratus

Postby Supercooper » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:22 pm

@Aratus:

You'll definately bump into him at some point... He bumped into someone he knows on top of a mountain in Portugal, so Lincolnshire is a cert!

Paul (Money) of course is an equipment reviewer for the BBC Sky at Night Magazine and is very active in the astronomy world. He gives hundreds of talks during the year and runs the Horncastle Astronomy Weekend as well as broadcasting on BBC radio Lincolnshire and instructing on Northern Lights flights too. Somewhere in all that he finds time to publish Night-Scenes, an astronomy year-book!

A very busy guy, and one who I am pleased to call a friend.

Paul's website is aclled - Astrospace

Cheers, Barry

Supercooper

Return to Introductions