Hello Members

Come and say hello to your fellow Sky at Night Magazine fan

Hello Members

Postby hamish » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:36 pm

[size=3]Hi everyone[/size], I am quite new to Astronomy. I only have a 65mm refractor, but have observed Saturn's Rings and Jupiter with it's four main Moons. I am beginning to have more time for the hobby, as my kids are growing up, I would also like to get my son age 12 interested, as a hobby we can do together.
We went camping last weekend and stayed on a campsite at Wellesbourne just outside Strattford-upon-Avon. On the Friday 28 July, we were sat around chatting looking up at the fairly dark sky[:)], it was around 11:00pm to Midnight and we observed a good number of meteors, maybe 10 or so, pressumably the Southern Delta Aquarids. It was the first Meteor Shower I have ever observed[8|]. I was very interested to then go on to read in this months magazine the How To article on photographing meteor showers. This is now going to be my next project. We have a number of camping trips planned and my camera and tripod will definately find a space amongst all the luggage[:D]. Any tips would be appreciated.
hamish

RE: Hello Members

Postby gammalog » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:33 pm

Hi Hamish, and welcome aboard.

Dave
gammalog

Postby big dipper » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:56 pm

Welcome Hamish. Good to have you aboard. Pete Lawrence writes some excellent articles in the Sky at Night magazine which I always read avidly. We're also lucky enough to have him here as a regular on the forums (look out for posts by 'Starman').
big dipper

Postby jsc248 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:36 pm

Hi Hamish,
welcome to the forum, glad to have you aboard!
John.
To me astronomy is looking up and thinking "What the heck is going on up there!!"
jsc248

Postby cookie » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:23 pm

Hi Hamish,

Welcome from me too. Nice people here, very knowledgable and helpful, any advice you need you'll get it, no problem.

Margot
cookie

Postby col » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:53 pm

A warm welcome here too hamish

col
col

Return to Introductions