Hello

Come and say hello to your fellow Sky at Night Magazine fan

Hello

Postby gammalog » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:00 pm

As my 'New Members' thread has lead to the introduction of this new section then, although not a very recent member, I'll 'kick off" along with 'smidge' and introduce msyself.

I'm Dave and I'm located in Suffolk, where I am very fortunate to live in village without any street lighting, and as such, enjoy reasonably dark-skies.

My main interest is Deep-Sky CCD imaging, alhtough I still enjoy visual observing.

I have always had a background interest, but became seriously interested in astronomy, back in 2001 and did a part-time "Observational Astronomy" course with the University of East Anglia.

My equipment and set-up are detailed in my signature section below.

As Admin have now formally included an "introductions" section to the Forum, I look forward to reading your own introductions.
gammalog

RE: Hello

Postby big dipper » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:46 pm

Hi Dave & a belated welcome to SAN's forum. Thanks for starting a thread which led to this section being set up. I think it will be a good way to get people to start posting who, otherwise, may feel a bit intimidated.

It would be great to see some of your images posted here (I appreciate we also have a gallery - but there is the facility to upload pictures to the forum, direct from your PC). Look forward to reading your future posts.
big dipper

Postby jsc248 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:26 pm

Hi Dave,
Seems a bit too belated now to hello as we're old hands now and have started enough threads to keep us going for a while. It was a great idea to start this introductions section though!
John jsc248.
To me astronomy is looking up and thinking "What the heck is going on up there!!"
jsc248

Postby day_one » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:53 pm

hey gammalog, its good to be back, i must try not to be a stranger![:D]
day_one

Return to Introductions