Hello

Come and say hello to your fellow Sky at Night Magazine fan

Hello

Postby balakm279 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:24 pm

Hello guys.. I am new to this forum and thought I'd introduce myself.. I am Bala and I was gifted a telescope last week by my wife and have always been interested in astronomy and astrophysics but never somehow got myself a scope.. I have begun this journey with a SkyWatcher Heritage 130p and have not had much luck with clear skies..
balakm279

Re: Hello

Postby Gfamily2 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:47 pm

Hi, and welcome
Your wife has done well to choose the right time of year to start with a scope anyway, As it gets dark, we have the star clouds and dark lanes of the Milky Way as it passes through the Summer Triangle in the South and West, and towards the East we have the Andromeda Galaxy and the clusters of Perseus and Cassiopeia. As autumn draws on we'll get to see the treats that are Taurus and Orion in turn. However, it is always true that we're dependent on the weather, but at least with a scope like yours you can take it out for a quick look whenever the sky looks a bit clear.

Do you have any particular interests? And how are your skies? - Just seen your other post about looking for reasonable viewing areas near Greenwich Park, so we know your skies are 'challenging' The brighter clusters will be worth looking for though
Scopes: Meade 8" SCT, Skywatcher 127mm Mak, Raffle winner of SW ST80
For imaging: Pentax K5, Asda webcam, Star Adventurer (new toy)
For companionship: Mid Cheshire Astronomical Group.
(Not a moderator)
Gfamily2

Postby balakm279 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:44 am

Hi thanks :) I have joined the local society from the link you have given and would probably go to the next meet up. as for my interests I am very interested in deep space objects and Astro photography but I know I have to begin somewhere so hopefully this scope is that :)
balakm279

Postby augus » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:24 am

Hello and welcome to the forum
augus

Postby Supercooper » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:21 pm

An excellent choice for your telescope. great image quality and reasonable light grasp. You should not be disappointed. :o)

Welcome and congratulations on your present. :o)
________________________________________________________________________________________
For My FREE Telescope Help Website: http://supercooper.jimdo.com/

Using fab Helios f8 150mm Achromatic Refractor on SkyWatcher EQ5 - enjoing the views!
Supercooper

Return to Introductions