hi

Come and say hello to your fellow Sky at Night Magazine fan

hi

Postby brrttpaul » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:57 am

Hi everyone I am from South Wales been doing astrophotography for 4 years now (love it) still havnt got a clue what I am doing half the time but i suppose thats half the fun, Just bought a ZWO ASI 1600 mono cool along with the filters just waiting for some clear nights to acctually use it
Cheers
Paul
brrttpaul

Re: hi

Postby Aratus » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:06 am

Hello Paul

You can rely on bad weather following the purchase of new equipment - every time!
Are you planning on using the filters to get red, blue and green images and combining them?
I use an 11" Celestron SCT (CPC 1100) on an equatorial wedge, housed in a 2.2m Pulsar observatory. I use a ZWO ASI1600MC and Canon 500D for imaging.
Aratus

Postby brrttpaul » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:26 pm

I have only used the narrow band filters successfully so far, either its been too cloudy or a full moon , but I am in the middle of doing M31 I run it the other night and halfway through the clouds rolled in so im at this minute finishing it off, fingers crossed
brrttpaul

Postby Aratus » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:12 pm

I'm sure you will get some interesting results with those filters. For about 3 years I've been imaging with a Canon DSLR. Recently the mini usb connector has been causing trouble, and now it doesn't work at all. I don't think they expected it to be plugged in and out so many times! I'm looking for a dedicted imager now. I was thinking of it anyway because the Canon blocks a lot of nebula light. The Zwo ASI 1600 series has caught my eye. It would be interesting to see some of your results.
I use an 11" Celestron SCT (CPC 1100) on an equatorial wedge, housed in a 2.2m Pulsar observatory. I use a ZWO ASI1600MC and Canon 500D for imaging.
Aratus

Return to Introductions