Import of new Philips SPC900/NC CCD Camera

RE: Import of new Philips SPC900/NC CCD Camera

Postby gammalog » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:23 pm

Hi Paula

Yes, the attachment worked fine, thanks. The adatpter doesn't look any different to the one that was used for the 840K. However, although the thread should be identical, it seems that perhaps the lens on the SPC900 is set more deeply into the case than was that on the 840K, hence the 'interface' adapter shown in the picture.

If I get any info on the requirements for the SPC900, I'll let you know.

Hi Keith

I think that there may have perhaps been some 'firmware' changes, and the PCB layout is definitely different. However, I'm reliably informed that the SPC900 uses the same CCD as did the 840K.

Cosmetically, the two cameras are of course very different.

Dave
gammalog

Postby ngp » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:30 am

Thought i would add here i own the spc 900 and toucam pro, although the cameras have the same ccd, the performance is so very different, i think the spc 900 is a little more blue sensetive, while the toucam seems to like the red end, Also the toucam pro 840 has been giving consistently sharper results than the spc 900, though it seems to pay for it with odd edge artifacts that really annoy me, why these differences exist, i havent a clue, seeing as the same chip is used, but ive consistently noticed these differences, and possibly captured them on my images. when i use to switch between the 2 cameras on saturn, the extra sharpness ( and possibly contrast ) was very obviouse. recently the same has been happening using them on mars, i had a very soft looking image on my screen, as soon as i switched cameras, it was suddenly snapping into focus. im at a loss to explain these differences, but ive seen it enough to know its not focus, or camera settings. just wondering what other people think about this ?
Neil
ngp

Postby andyg » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:56 pm

Are you using RAW images or the jpgs the camera generates? If jpg it could be you are seeing the differences in software compression firmware.

AndyG
andyg

Postby ngp » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:33 pm

Hi Andy, Not sure what you mean, im saving as avi video, which i stack as bitmaps,
Neil
ngp

Previous

Return to CCDs