Intro

Come and say hello to your fellow Sky at Night Magazine fan

Intro

Postby Astro_Eddy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:12 am

Have been browsing this site for a few weeks and finally decided to join. Hopefully I can get information on astro-imaging thru an early Celestron CCD. However I just enjoy astronomy as a whole, whether its thru a scope or just looking at the sky.
Astro_Eddy

Re: Intro

Postby Aratus » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:58 pm

Great stuff.

Welcome, and ask away . . .
I use an 11" Celestron SCT (CPC 1100) on an equatorial wedge, housed in a 2.2m Pulsar observatory. I use a ZWO ASI1600MC and Canon 500D for imaging.
Aratus

Postby andrewt » Thu May 25, 2017 12:29 pm

I tried to open a New Thread so that I could ask a question about my old Newtonian.
It was rejected beccause I included the star test url.
Removed that and still rejected. Tells me new a new user needs to remove bad words.

What am I doing wrong?
Do I need to complete some form of Moderation before I can open a new Thread?

Now I have changed browser to try to get this through.
andrewt

Postby andrewt » Sat May 27, 2017 12:10 pm

couple of days since I asked for help.
Anybody out there?

Tried to post this using my Firefox browser and it comes back with the message
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /posting.php on line 666: require(./includes/functions_link_filter.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
andrewt

Postby Aratus » Sat May 27, 2017 1:42 pm

Hello

You are not doing anything wrong. As far as I can tell there is no moderation - everything is left to the software. The software thinks that if you post a dozen or so posts without links and images, and avoid certain words that you are probably ok, and it will lift the restrictions. ~It is an initiation process we all have to go through! :roll:

The 'line 666' error is a bug somewhere in the system. There is a thread about it somewhere, but no one is looking at it. I have even tried emailing the 'Sky at Night' office about it, but I get no reply. No one from the magazine seems to post to the forum either.

If you get the 'line 666' error click on the 'back button' and try again. If you seem to have lost your message, just click on 'Quick Reply' and you should get it back again. If there are not many people posting on the forum, then this fault isn't helping! :(
I use an 11" Celestron SCT (CPC 1100) on an equatorial wedge, housed in a 2.2m Pulsar observatory. I use a ZWO ASI1600MC and Canon 500D for imaging.
Aratus

Postby andrewt » Wed May 31, 2017 7:30 pm

thanks for your help.
I will just have keep posting until I am allowed to show a link.
Pity the owners don't contribute the Forum.
Maybe I should look for a better Forum.
andrewt

Postby Aratus » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:39 pm

It is a bit of a shambles. There are forums that work better, but I find that some of the characters that inhabit those forums are a bit full of themselves. There are people with differing views here, but everyone seems happy to state their case without acrimony or fear of being 'flamed'. According to the figures a lot of people read the posts here, but not many contribute. I'm not sure why, because everyone who does post seems very friendly.
Aratus

Return to Introductions