Introducing yourselves

Come and say hello to your fellow Sky at Night Magazine fan

Introducing yourselves

Postby Admin » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:20 pm

Dear all,

This [b]new section[/b] has been created specifically for all new members of the forum, as a platform to introduce yourselves to other members. You might want to include how long you have been observing for or what your favourite sitings have been to date not to mention what your backgrounds are.

We hope you have fun getting to know one another.

Best,

Admin
Admin
Site Admin

RE: Introducing yourselves

Postby cookie » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:56 pm

Hello nice stargazers out there,

I am Margot, one year from retirement (civil servant for the past 4 years yak!!!) I've been in England for the past 34 years, originally from South America. Living in Polegate E/Sx. I've been interested in the stars for the past few years but haven't been able to get into it just yet due to the luck of time, but I'm very much look forward to be part of something and this hobby looks perfect.[:D]

cookie

Postby les » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:13 pm

[:)]HI Margot,
Welcome,hope you have plenty of warm clothing and a lot of patience as there always seems to be a lot of cloud about.[:@]
Regards Les.
les

RE: Very new member

Postby cookie » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:43 pm

Hi Les,

Thank you for your welcoming message. I hope I don't bore you all with silly questions in the future. So far I have read books and magazines and feel a bit confused by it all, however, I started with Orion and hopefully I will extend my knowledge from there. I'm close to Eastbourne and there is a lot of light pollution emanating from the east, but slightly darker towards the west. Did you say you were from Scotland? Lively place, visited in 1975.

Regards
Margot [:D]

cookie

Postby gammalog » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:36 pm

Hi Margot and welcome aboard.

I don't know how you managed to place your intro in Admin's box, but never mind you are here now so, like Les, I'll respond to you here.

Its a great hobby, that would be even better if it wasn't for this persistent cloud.
gammalog

Postby refereerick » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:33 pm

Hi all sky watchers,
I,m Rick 35 yo from near Norwich. I've just joined this group and am looking forward to learning lots!! ive only just started out in astronomy (2 weeks to be exact!) so am looking for lots of good advice. The cloud has stalled my progress so far and any advice on setting up an electronic equatorial mount for my 6" reflector scope would be greatly apprieciated.
thanks and i look forward to getting to know you alRick
refereerick

Postby fredbland » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:03 pm

Hi all... My name is Frederick..I live in Hinckley Leicestershire..I have a great interest in astrology but am a real newbie but will be getting my first scope soon. Good luck to one and all
fredbland

Postby madmartian » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:03 pm

[quote]ORIGINAL: fredbland

I have a great interest in astrology
[/quote]
Astronomy!!!
AAAARRRGGHHH!
madmartian

Postby brian mac » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:30 pm

HI everyone,i am brian and i live in stockport(the cloudyest place in the entire world). A refractor nutter and also using a binoviewer,better with 2 eyes for me? 120mm hellios is the best ive got, but some great lunor photoes with it. Anyone els use a binoviewer? 25x100 binoes are a good tool too. saw the milky way from ladybower resaviour(nearly cried) try this web sight, [url=http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings//index.htlm]http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings//index.htlm[/url] you can get sighting by city of the iss
brian mac

Postby gord » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:50 pm

[quote]ORIGINAL: madmartian

[quote]ORIGINAL: fredbland

I have a great interest in astrology
[/quote]
Astronomy!!!
AAAARRRGGHHH!
[/quote]

Nice way to make people welcome...

Welcome Frederick, the sky has alot for you to see. Enjoy it.
gord

Next

Return to Introductions