iPad version

A place for general chat about Sky at Night Magazine

iPad version

Postby rhyshardwick » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:00 am

Hi all,

I am thinking of subscribing to the iPad edition instead of the print version. I still want to use the night sky versions, but obviously don't want to use the iPad due to the light. Is there anyway of getting those sections to print off?

Also, would you have any way to access the content on the cover disc.

Thanks for any help,

Rhys
rhyshardwick

Re: iPad version

Postby Admin » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:54 pm

Hi Rhys,

To print pages from your iPad edition you would likely need to link your iPad to a compatible wireless printing device. Alternatively you could consider investing in a red protective cover film for the touch screen to preserve your night vision when viewing the night sky guides and charts.

Regarding the cover disc content. This is currently not offered with any digital editions of the magazine due to the marked down price of the digital issue. However in the case of the iPad edition we do include 360 degree models of all our review products and extended galleries as part of the monthly package.

The inclusion of various pieces of cover disc material in future digital incarnations of the magazine is under discussion though and we will update our readers as and when more information on this becomes available.

Hope that helps and thanks for writing.

Kind regards
Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Re: iPad version

Postby rhyshardwick » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:14 pm

Dear *Admin*

Many thanks for your reply, that is most informative. I was thinking about a red adapter for the iPad, perhaps I should look into making one myself.

I didn't realise there was a way of printing from the Newsstand, I will take a look. Of course, I could hold home/on switch to take a screenshot.

Many Thanks

Rhys
rhyshardwick

Return to General