Light-Bridge dobsonians.

A place for general chat about Sky at Night Magazine

Light-Bridge dobsonians.

Postby orbiter » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:56 pm

[b][font="times new roman"][size=2]Hi all ,im new to Astronomy & i havent got a scope yet, but in thinking of geting the new LIGHT BRIDGE DOBSONIANS from meade the 10" could any one tell me if it is a good scope or not .[/size][/font][/b]
[b][font="times new roman"][size=2] Thanks [/size][/font][/b]
[b][font="times new roman"][size=2] Orbiter.[:)][/size][/font][/b]
orbiter

RE: Light-Bridge dobsonians.

Postby jimattfield » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:06 pm

There is a Yahoo! Group dedicated to the LIghtbridge with a lot of early-day comments on them. Early indications are very good.
[url=http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Meade_LightBridge_Telescopes/]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Meade_LightBridge_Telescopes/[/url]
Jim
jimattfield

Postby orbiter » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:56 pm

[size=2]Thanks jim that help a lot.[/size]
[size=2] [/size]
[size=2] THanks,[/size]
[size=2] Orbiter.[/size]
orbiter

Postby jimattfield » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:46 pm

My pleasure, good luck. I think you'll get a very good scope for the money. If you decide you aren't comfortable with a truss design perhaps consider the Revelation dob, I have the 12" and it's a seriously good scope for the money. I feel a lightbridge in my near future, though [:D]
jimattfield

Postby tigger » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:36 pm

Hi Orbiter, I agree with jimattfield. I too use a Revalation 12" dob and the views are excellent. The scope is easy to set up and balances smoothly on its teflon and spring tensioned mount. Albeit it doesn't pack up like the Lightbridge, in does take quite a bit of space up if you haven't got anywhere it can be placed when not in use.
It's certainly worth a look at, as a contender for value for money.
I also use a LXD55 6" Schmidt Newtonian, which is ideal for putting in the car if going off for the weekend.
Anyway good luck with your choice.
tigger

Return to General