Macclesfield Astronomical Society New Year lecture - January 8, 2011 ...

Macclesfield Astronomical Society New Year lecture - January 8, 2011 ...

Postby agskyatnight » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:43 pm

Dear Fellow Astronomer

I would like to take this opportunity to invite you and your members to attend our 2011 New Year lecture.

Our lecturer will be none other than renowned Oxford science historian Dr. Allan Chapman FRAS. His subject for the evening will be 'Astronomy in the early Royal Society'.

If you have not previously witnessed the 'Allan Chapman experience', it will be a great opportunity for them to listen to perhaps our most revered astronomical historian.

The venue for our event will be the prestigious 19th century Town Hall in the centre of Macclesfield. Access is easy, with ample car parking, a bus terminus and a main line train station all nearby.

The date of Dr. Chapman's lecture will be Saturday, January 8th 2010, starting at 2000. Tickets are priced at £3.00. If you are a member of Macclesfield Astronomical Society, entry is free.

To make a reservation simply send an e-mail to myself <ag@ukf.net> or Malcolm Beesley <malc_beesley@hotmail.co.uk> with a list of names of those who wish to attend, no later than January 5th. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, alternatively visit our website at <www.maccastro.com>.

Thank you for your support. I hope to see you on the 8th of January!

Best wishes
Andrew Greenwood

Chairman, Macclesfield Astronomical Society
<www.maccastro.com>
<www.imagepalette.com>

Follow us on Twitter:
<www.twitter.com/MaccAstroSoc>
<www.twitter.com/MyDarkSkyUK>

agskyatnight

Return to Past events