Magazine Cover Disc

A place for general chat about Sky at Night Magazine

Magazine Cover Disc

Postby Mattscar » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:52 am

Im hoping someone can help me here, Im trying to find a contact email address for Sky at Night magazine as I have a musing/suggestion I would quite like to pass on. Just on the offchance someone from the magazine reads this I will post it here aswell.

Dear Sky at Night
First off I want to get the usual 'thanks for creating such a great magazine' and similar out of the way first. I only signed up for a subscription at the IAS2013 but already consider the magazine a great piece of reading each month. I also like the inclusion of a cover disc with old tv shows, photos and useful program-mes. Which leads me onto the reason for this email.
We all know that technologies change over time, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worst. The latest trend seems to be downloading all our content from virtual stores and even in some cases not actually storing content on our own machines anymore. This had lead to a change in technology (that I'm not over the moon about) that means CD drives are no longer mass produced into laptops. Indeed my latest Windows 8 laptop does not have a CD drive on it, as the expectation is that I will buy everything online. This means that I am unable to use the CD that comes with the magazine each month. Now while I am not suggesting you immediately change your distribution system just for little me, I'm simply trying to make you aware of the way technology seems to be going. I have had a couple of ideas on how to counter this which could be as simple as a code printed in the magazine to enable people to download the content of the cover disc from your website should they have the same problem that I do.
I would very much like to be able to use the disc content, but realise that at the moment I am limited to the magazine, which is still more than enough to keep me going each month.
Please keep up the great work

Kind Regards
Matt Holman
Mattscar

Return to General