It is currently Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:23 am

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

A place to hang out and chat about astronomy

Any updates on Sir Patrick?

Has anyone heard any more on Sir patricks condition since he had his pace maker fitted and asking about the cricket?
Read more : Any updates on Sir Patrick? | Views : 125 | Replies : 1

Scottish dealers

Does anyone know of any?

I can only see Black and Lizars. Other than that, there is the odd little shop with a scope or 2 but they meainly seem to be camera's.

We have the clear skies up here but no-where to buy the telescopes from

I really want to get close up and look at the Skywatcher explorer and the Meade LXD ranges.

Thanks
Read more : Scottish dealers | Views : 415 | Replies : 8

Red Led Torch

Hi,
Annoyed at having to spend £10+ on a plastic red led torch that you just know will give up the ghost at the most inopportune moment?

I have seen several markets locally in Sussex (and therefore maybe countrywide?) knocking out the JML led torch for a fiver. Made of aluminium with gaskets to waterproof it its a cinch to ondo the top and put in a disc of red cellophane.

Red Led torch for ...
Read more : Red Led Torch | Views : 756 | Replies : 10

Are you sitting comfortably - the story continues

Are you sitting comfortably - the story continues.........

I know some of you might raise your eyebrows and 'tut-tut' like crazy about my scope (the 'perhaps not such a good buy' Meade DS2114 from 'high-street retailer' Jessops) but I've decided to stick with it for the time being.

Anyway, I still have a couple of issues with it, so I went to Meade's web site hoping to get some answers. I followed their link to ...
Read more : Are you sitting comfortably - the story continues | Views : 716 | Replies : 11

DSI PRO II

Hi All
Just thaught i would say that i have placed my order for the DSI II PRO this afternoon
from Telescope House should be in the store in the next couple of weeks i hope i will keep you updated as and when.

Regards

Geoffers
Read more : DSI PRO II | Views : 420 | Replies : 7

Happy Birthday

Just spotted it's Al's birthday so let me be the first

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AL!!

New scope? Trip to Turkey for the eclipse?

Simon

PS wonder if we need a separate birthday folder - thoughts?
Read more : Happy Birthday | Views : 256 | Replies : 4

astronomical events

It hasn't been said for a little while so a big thanks to Dave (Big Dipper) for keeping the astronomical events calendar going. Link below in case anybody's missed it.

http://forum.skyatnightmagazine.com/calendar.asp?calendarID=1&caldate=2006-03-10

I would have gone out last night to look at Saturn and Beehive moving ever closer (visually!) but hey, guess what, it was cloudy. This morning, snow!

Anyway thanks Dave and keep up the good work.

Simon
Read more : astronomical events | Views : 158 | Replies : 2

The Moon

Whirlybird
Hello all,
If you would like a excellent Moon Atlas with an aid to observing it, try March issue of Sky at Night free programme Lunarphase Pro 1.0. I have been using VMA 3 Beta but LP1.0 has ,I think got the edge on it. What do you think?do you know of a prog.(free) which you use.that is any better?

Cheers,

Rick D.
Read more : The Moon | Views : 94 | Replies : 0

Lx 200GPS

Hi All,

Made the decision and got the LX200GPS, tried it out last Saturday for a couple of hours as we had unexpected guests , the views are stunning compared to my 127 Mak which of course is only to be expected.

Setting up the auto align was easy but when set ,and up and running was quite a way out to the subject, this case Saturn, dates ,time and position all appeared o.k., I,m ...
Read more : Lx 200GPS | Views : 659 | Replies : 9

Mars Orbiter

Here is a link to the latest on the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO) hot off the press.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4791006.stm
Read more : Mars Orbiter | Views : 319 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 128292 • Total topics 19284 • Total members 140538