It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:12 am

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

A place to hang out and chat about astronomy

Collimation of Skywatcher MAC 127 EQ3-2

Hello All,
I'm new to my scope etc,and I have been told that if your scope goes off ie. gets knocked, it will prob need collimating? How will I know when its off and how can it be done on my telescope.
Regards,

Rick D.
Read more : Collimation of Skywatcher MAC 127 EQ3-2 | Views : 304 | Replies : 6

heavy traffic?

Is there a busy time here in the forum? or is it dribs and drabs? wet rainy nights I guess are popular. I work all sorts of shifts so I should be able to pop in quite often, I look forward to many interesting sessions.
Read more : heavy traffic? | Views : 119 | Replies : 1

New meat to the forum

Hello all. Just joined the forum and hope to get to know bit by bit, also share the hatred of cloudy skies and ever increasing light pollution, but the love of astronomy.speak soon. Mark
Read more : New meat to the forum | Views : 281 | Replies : 7

Spring Equinox Star Party -Norfolk

The Spring Equinox Star Party is being held over the weekend March 24th to 26th, at Kelling Heath in Norfolk.

http://www.starparty.org/

Anyone on the Forum planning to go?
Read more : Spring Equinox Star Party -Norfolk | Views : 123 | Replies : 1

Introduction req'd........

Hello to you all, I'm just getting started and would like to say Hi!!

MoJo.
Read more : Introduction req'd........ | Views : 203 | Replies : 6

What scope needed to see Io?

Hi,

I think Io is a nice moon to look at in pictures, but is it possible for an amatuer astronomer like me to buy a scope capable of seeing it up very close with high detail or is it too far away?

I would like my next scope to be a catadioptric with a large mirror. Would a 12 or 16 inch catadioptric be able to reveal in fine detail the geographic features of ...
Read more : What scope needed to see Io? | Views : 154 | Replies : 3

Hi

Hi guys & gals - its' me, Ali with a new user-name (thanks to gammalog and Kirsty)

As I'm not a very imaginative person, when it comes to choosing a user-name, much as I would like something good and appropriate, I always tend to use my own name. But, listening recently to a CD of Cat Stevens greatest hits (whoops - showing my age now!), as my favourite track (Moonshadow) played, I thought what a ...
Read more : Hi | Views : 186 | Replies : 4

Favourite book!

Hi Gang,
Gammalog started a thread about Stephen Hawkings books.
I'm putting in a little twist by asking what is your favourite book and why.
Mine, at the minute, is Futures by Patrick Moore and David Hardy. This is not a book full of astronomical knowledge but more a look to the future of space travel. It shows , with superb illustrations by David hardy, what conditions would be like on most of the objects ...
Read more : Favourite book! | Views : 368 | Replies : 11

Celestron's SkyAlign

I currently have a Nexstar 5i and I'm looking at changing the handset for one of Celestron's new SkyAlign handsets. Does anyone already use SkyAlign - if so how good is it. I believe the handset price to be around £100. If anyone uses SkyAlign with a Nexstar 5i I would especially welcome your comments.

Best Wishes

Richard
Read more : Celestron's SkyAlign | Views : 89 | Replies : 0

black holes and baby universes

Well, as Dave (gammalog) has rightly encouraged us to use the forum more, but as there is not much to say about the sky which we haven't seen for a while, I thought I would mention my current astro read. I am battling through another Stephen Hawking, 'Black Holes and Baby Universes' and thoroughly enjoying it. If you don't know it, it is a collection of essays and lectures by this brilliant mind. At times ...
Read more : black holes and baby universes | Views : 405 | Replies : 11

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 127318 • Total topics 18678 • Total members 129917