It is currently Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:25 pm

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

A place to hang out and chat about astronomy

HERSCHEL WEDGE

Has any one seen, looked through or own a herschel wedge, for solar viewing, and are they worth the money(£179)considering we are at the low end of sunspots? they are supposed to be a lot better than white light fillters, but can they be that much better. PST coronado is looking good, but a little pricey BRIAN
Read more : HERSCHEL WEDGE | Views : 180 | Replies : 1

Sky At night on BBC4

Hi Gang,
Did anyone catch the S@N special on BBC 4 on Monday night. A look back at the last 50 years (nearly!) of the S@N , great fun. I really enjoyed that one!
John jsc248.
Read more : Sky At night on BBC4 | Views : 452 | Replies : 6

Galleries

Did you know that you can create your own personal 'members gallery' on this site?

I found out yesterday after I was trying to fathom out what admin meant when they talked about 'galleries' in the Rules & Regulations' section. Just click on the 'Photo Gallery' link at the top of the forum index page & then 'Member photos' & you can go about setting up your own gallery which, in turn, can be linked ...
Read more : Galleries | Views : 197 | Replies : 2

The "From" box

Its nice to see that the "From" box on the 'Members List' page is a little less sparse than it was, with a few more people listing their general location.

Interesting to see how widely spread we are, not only around the UK, but with members as far away as Malta, Canada and Australia.

Read more : The "From" box | Views : 259 | Replies : 3

Space flight

Hi

I was watching a program yesterday on Discovery Science, about new phsicologi with astronauts. As lots of us may think that after a couple of years training you can get into a space craft and away you go.

But just watching it made me feel very clostrfobic.

Those astronauts realy do go through it, and thats just on near Earth orbit flights. One Russian astronaut on there space station had to be brought home ...
Read more : Space flight | Views : 259 | Replies : 3

Moon Pictures

Hi Gang,
A couple of people have now posted their pictures in the forum. I would like to show you this one. It is a picture of a near full moon taken by holding a digital camera (Olympus u500) behind a 40mm eyepiece on a hand driven 114mm reflector. It is a single snapshot. I thought that it would be interesting to show that you can get fairly good results in a cheap way of ...
Read more : Moon Pictures | Views : 174 | Replies : 2

How do I enter co-ordinates?

Hi there,

I have co-ordinates of a star that I would like to view using starry night pro plus 5 but don't know how to input them, can anyone help out?

The co-ordinates I have are,
01:39:41.818

Cheers

Tony
Read more : How do I enter co-ordinates? | Views : 429 | Replies : 5

Norge

Hi all, from Snowy Norway!!!

My girlfirend and I are in Norway at the moment visting her sister, and her three month old neice, Freya (who is of course adorable and a welcome addition to the family - but has a set of lungs on her that could shatter your eardrums when she is in a mood, which is thankfully rare!)

First off, I am in Lensvik which is a charming little community near Trondheim ...
Read more : Norge | Views : 280 | Replies : 3

pleides

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g181/geoffers1948/PLEIDESCROP.jpg
Read more : pleides | Views : 348 | Replies : 5

MOON

HI ALL,TRIAL UPLOAD FROM ROY.http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j122/g4jur/MOON04-03-06030.jpg
Read more : MOON | Views : 261 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 128801 • Total topics 19457 • Total members 141415