It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:54 am

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

A place to hang out and chat about astronomy

Believe the reviews.

Finally got round to buying a scope.Rushed down to Argos for the Celestron Powerseeker c660,and rushed back down a week later and took it back.Spent 3 freezing cold nights in the garden thinking about all the 'don't buy this' reviews.Tried 1 lens,the moon was there, just,used the 2 other and barlow and could see nothing,more joy with a magnifying glass.Reviews,i knew they were there for a reason!
So,not much money about off i went again ...
Read more : Believe the reviews. | Views : 520 | Replies : 8

Hi All,

Looked into this website to get some weather info this afternoon - great -clear skies from 4.00pm till midnight , time to get a second go from my new scope.

4.30pm clouds appear! - 8.30pm still cloudy!!!

I,ve just spunked the thick end of 3K on my new scope, whens this b----y weather going to change!!!

Read more : | Views : 269 | Replies : 3

A Cheap Shot!

Before my 'observatory' roof decided to pack up, I'd been putting my largely now defunct H alpha filter to some use. Here we have a shot of the Flame & Horsehead area, taken from my light polluted site in Oxford, using a cheap 500mm f/8 telephoto lens riding piggyback on my 11" SCT. It is a composite of two ~35 minute exposures taken with E200. The resultant slides were combined in Registar and converted to ...
Read more : A Cheap Shot! | Views : 719 | Replies : 12

Innovative Observatory

This must be the ultimate in mobile observatories.

I saw it at the Autumn Equinox Sky camp at Kelling Heath, September last year.

Innovation or what!!!

Read more : Innovative Observatory | Views : 495 | Replies : 8

Another moon

Hi It's me again

Comments please

Read more : Another moon | Views : 276 | Replies : 4

Just thaught i would send another
Read more : m42 | Views : 305 | Replies : 5

Hi You guys

Please take a look at this ------- Comments please

Read more : Moon | Views : 508 | Replies : 8

SCIENCE WEEK - Starts 20/03/06

What interesting things have you or your society got planned to make this a fun week?
Read more : SCIENCE WEEK - Starts 20/03/06 | Views : 88 | Replies : 0

Hi All,just a bit of information about I.S.S.As my other hobby is Amateur Radio I have just received my April edition of Radcom which is a monthly magazine published for all Radio Amateurs and have just read about 2 amateurs from Caithness in scotland who have spoken to Commander Bill MacArthur on board the I.S.S.
They managed to contact Bill who is also a liscenced Amateur Radio operator while the I.S.S. was making a 10 ...
Read more : INTERNATIONAL SPACE STATION | Views : 1056 | Replies : 17

first atempt@moon
Read more : first atempt@moon | Views : 1222 | Replies : 22

Login  •  Register

Total posts 128503 • Total topics 19373 • Total members 141006