It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:03 pm

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

A place to hang out and chat about astronomy

Sunday's Sky at Night

Hi Gang,
Did you catch Sunday night's Eclipse special? I found this show to be one of the most interesting I've seen or a while. You couldn't fail to notice the excitement and anticipation as Chris Lintott waited to watch his first Solar Eclipse. It was also great to see Sir patrick out in his garden doing what he does best, observing!!
It was also great to see some of the forum on the show ...
Read more : Sunday's Sky at Night | Views : 443 | Replies : 2

We Should Have More Episodes Of The Sky At Night

Hello All, I Really Like the sky at night because it got me into Astronomy back in June 05, but i think the BBC should put more shows on . Do You Agree??
Read more : We Should Have More Episodes Of The Sky At Night | Views : 1384 | Replies : 12

First posted AstroPhoto

Hi..

I've posted a pic taken tonight (2/4/06) in the moon section of the photo Gallery, comments and advice on how to improve it welcome.

Rgds

Chris
Read more : First posted AstroPhoto | Views : 759 | Replies : 6

Read more : * | Views : 1585 | Replies : 16

south of france

i am going to south of france next week so can you tell me what stars i will see in the night sky..
Read more : south of france | Views : 395 | Replies : 2

Happy Birthday

I see we have 3 birthdays so,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALL!!!

MARGOT (cookie)
PETER (petelip) and
MARTIN (nebula347)

Simon

Read more : Happy Birthday | Views : 1460 | Replies : 8

Best way to learn ?

Hello All.
What in your opinion is the easiest way to or or how did you learn to read the skies ? I read the books and look on the net.When i get out there it all looks so different or things dont't seem to be where they should !!
I find myself just pointing at the stars and hoping,general finding nothing.Bad practice i know.

Thanks.
Read more : Best way to learn ? | Views : 1810 | Replies : 15

Happy Birthday Kamerabug

Happy Birthday Leonard!!!
Read more : Happy Birthday Kamerabug | Views : 521 | Replies : 2

What astro software?

I have just downloaded and started to use Cartes du Ciel seems to be perfect is there any need to buy anything like starrynigt for a new student of the universe?
Read more : What astro software? | Views : 1057 | Replies : 9

where to go?

Hello everybody.
Can anyone please tell me where is the closest dark skies low light polution place? Some months ago I moved to GB and live in Bristol, so my knowledge of the area isnt so great yet. Every reply will be appreciated and valued.
Read more : where to go? | Views : 1434 | Replies : 10

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 131175 • Total topics 19985 • Total members 144440