It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:00 am

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

A place to hang out and chat about astronomy

Binocular mount

Hi,
I understand there was advice on making a binocular mount in a back issue. Has anyone tried it? Does it work? Is it easy for the congenitally ham-fisted to make?
Can anyone send me instuctions on how to make it?
Regards
Compostman
Read more : Binocular mount | Views : 259 | Replies : 1

Equatorial platforms

Given the awful weather at the moment( it's been raining here for hours and hours and hours), I have spent a few hours trawling through other forums in search of a way of using my dob for a bit of astro imaging( i know if i wanted to do photography i should have bought a goto or at least and eq mount with ra drive) but the fact remains you get a lot of mirror ...
Read more : Equatorial platforms | Views : 12998 | Replies : 12

telescope question...

my family recently bought my father a telescope ("tasco"), as he has always been facinated by astronomy.

we bought if for him in november and he hasn't used it. i've bought him various books and he's read one but not really shown much of an interest.

i suggested he build himself an observatory, and found him some plans. i then asked why he hadn't used the telescope. he said that 1) its because he hasn't ...
Read more : telescope question... | Views : 979 | Replies : 9

My New Website - opinions please...

Howdy,

I had some time this weekend (have you seen the weather!), so I have designed a small website about my astro efforts. It is a bit content light at the moment, as I am just getting into astro photography. Hopefully it will give a brief explanation to what I have and what i am trying to do.

So ladies and gents any feedback is usefull.

http://www.astroshots.co.uk/

On a plus point I sold my 114GT ...
Read more : My New Website - opinions please... | Views : 1197 | Replies : 12

Wiki?

Hi!

Do you WIKI? http://ukastroimaging.co.uk/forums/Smileys/classic/cool.gif http://ukastroimaging.co.uk/forums/Smileys/classic/cool.gif http://ukastroimaging.co.uk/forums/Smileys/classic/cool.gif

A wiki is a website designed for collaboration. Unlike a traditional website where pages can only be read, in a wiki everyone can edit, update and append pages with new information.
I have set up an experimental WIKI for adding / editing and sharing Astro - Imaging TOP TIPS.

Please feel free to have a go!

www.bluwiki.org/go/G4AQB_ASTRO_WIKI

The pages will also be linked from my website www.g4aqb.org.uk

There ...
Read more : Wiki? | Views : 275 | Replies : 1

S@N CD Software - K3 CCD

Hi all

I have just tried the K3CCD software that came on this months CD. I used a video of Saturn taken on Wednesday eve and attached it below.
Personally I prefer Registax for video processing but that could be just because I am used to it! Any comments are welcome.

local://309/EA9E7DD544824EA4B791D2FFB2626F38.jpg
Read more : S@N CD Software - K3 CCD | Views : 537 | Replies : 5

U-S-O unidentified sky object

First i would like to say hello to all, and a warm welcome to all the forums new members.

I THINK THAT YOU WILL ALL THINK I HAVE GONE A BIT MAD OR HAD SOMETHING IN MY EYES BUT.....

On the 15th of FEB about 8pm, 2 stars cought my eye that i had not seen before.
While walking the dog (OZZY) the sky was a bit cloudy and not good for looking skyward.
The ...
Read more : U-S-O unidentified sky object | Views : 465 | Replies : 4

Binoscopes

HI everyone, I spotted the photo of Stonkin looking through his binoscope and i have a soft spot for them. helious do several types with 45degree angle and changeable eyepieces, and they work with barlows as well so you can power from 25x to 100x or what ever works well at the time.they are not cheap, starting at about £1000 up to tens of thousands. I cant help thinking that these things serve a multiple ...
Read more : Binoscopes | Views : 445 | Replies : 2

Full Moon

Hi Gang,
I have just had a visit from a neighbours son who wanted to know what the Earth looked like from space. After a brief chat I showed him some photos and a book called Full Moon by the American author Michael Light. I hadn't really thought of it before but I wondered whether any of the Apollo debinkers had seen this book. It is a beautifully laid out photographic atlas of man's journey ...
Read more : Full Moon | Views : 526 | Replies : 5

No Celestron Nextar 130 SLTs in stock anywhere?

Hi,

My beloved 114Gt was sold this morning - so I start looking for a 130 SLT - None in stock anywhere?

I suppose I can take comfort that is is cloudy at the moment so I could not use it anyway.

If the clouds break and we get clear skies while I wait weeks for the SLTs to arrive = just my luck.

I do still have the 80GT - unless that sells later ...
Read more : No Celestron Nextar 130 SLTs in stock anywhere? | Views : 287 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 130109 • Total topics 19742 • Total members 142960