It is currently Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:12 am

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

A place to hang out and chat about astronomy

Moon landings?

Im afraid ive found aome evidence on the web which means i can no longer ignore the moon landing hoax theories. Check out this link and see what you think.

http://www.stuffucanuse.com/fake_moon_landings/moon_landings.htm
Read more : Moon landings? | Views : 669 | Replies : 7

Music

Purely as research, is anyone else musical? PM plays his xylophone, Urmstonian101 mentioned a chamber orchestra and all the people in my local astronomical community (about 3 myself included) play an instrument, sing or both. What about everyone else?!
Read more : Music | Views : 2489 | Replies : 39

PARTNERS

Sorry to post such a unimportant subject but-

Does any of you have to deal with husbends, wives, boyfriends girlfriends etc that have no interest in astronomy-

I have tried to get my fiancee to have a look when I am observing an amazing view of saturn or the moon and all I get is "No not intertested"

Geek and nerd are a common expression

Probably does not help that I am training to be ...
Read more : PARTNERS | Views : 1557 | Replies : 21

Clear Sky Clock

Some of you may have heard of the Clear Sky Clock which was available to people living in the US & Canada.

Well I'm delighted to say that I've just learned that the service has been extended to other parts of the globe - including the UK!

Click on this link for further details. http://csc.lamost.org/eng/clocks/query.htm#europe
Read more : Clear Sky Clock | Views : 548 | Replies : 6

New Web-Site

Hi all

I have just finished building the first 'draft' of my web-site, this being a totally new 'learning curve' for me.

Although its very basic at the moment, needs some 'tarting-up' , and some more material adding to it, I thought I'd inflict it upon you guys as a sort of 'beta' release.

Your comments will be most welcome.

You can find it at:

http://uk.geocities.com/daves.astronomy@btinternet.com/index.html

Dave
Read more : New Web-Site | Views : 2140 | Replies : 24

Lunar eclipse

Penumbral eclipse tonight folks. Not a hugely spectacular event and less so with the cloud and rain over Norwich! Ho hum. If the clouds do part later, my astro calander suggests it is viewable until just after 2am. Clear skies anyone?

Simon
(or is it Greg)
Read more : Lunar eclipse | Views : 443 | Replies : 5

Interesting link

Hi all,
Don't know if anyone is interested but I just stumbled across this page http://www.synapses.co.uk/astro/ lots of interesting bits. Maybe a bit more focused towards the keen amature (me!!) but some v good sections nevertheless.
Bye for now
Chris
Read more : Interesting link | Views : 373 | Replies : 3

Free Online Internet Chat

I don't know whether anyone here is familiar with Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP), but there is a free download called SKYPE which, when you register for it (also free) it enables you to talk to anyone in the world, also registered with SKYPE, via your computer, ABSOLUTELY FREE. All you need is a headset or microphone & speakers & away you go (I have spoken to someone in New York using this system from ...
Read more : Free Online Internet Chat | Views : 1348 | Replies : 26

JET BLACK SKIES

Now that the summer is on its way,there won't be any clouds because there isn't much darkness either?.but the hollidays are coming up. I try and go somewhere where it is not light polluted. The first time i saw the milkyway was last year in perranporth, cornwall. we had a great time day and night! This year it will be even darker in tintagel cornwell, supposed to be mag 6 there. Tenerife is awsome, can't ...
Read more : JET BLACK SKIES | Views : 332 | Replies : 3

clouds clouds clouds

Hello,

looked at the forecast for my neck of the woods and it is looking bleak
Only thing left is some research

Has anyone any tips on where I can get some information online for details on astrophotography. I am an enthusiatic learner, but a learner I am.

I am looking at purchasing some new eqauipment and want to learn
the basics before I buy. Hints on what scope and camera equipment that would be ...
Read more : clouds clouds clouds | Views : 564 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 129496 • Total topics 19594 • Total members 142092