It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:11 pm

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

A place to hang out and chat about astronomy

MOON

HI ALL,TRIAL UPLOAD FROM ROY.http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j122/g4jur/MOON04-03-06030.jpg
Read more : MOON | Views : 476 | Replies : 3

Images

Further to admin's message in the 'Rules & Regulations' section - the subject of uploads was brought to their attention by me last week. I've just been advised that, so not to slow down the uploading of messages for those using dial up, the upload image size will be limited to 100kb. The preferred method would be to post the images in the gallery & link to that. I queried the fact that not all ...
Read more : Images | Views : 302 | Replies : 0

Sir Patrick Moore.

Hi Gang,
Just gotten off the phone to Sir patrick and he told me that he is doing really well. He said that he will, most sadly (my words not his!), never be mobile again but he is feeling very good. He thanks everyone on the S@N forum for their kind thoughts and messages.
Just thought that you would like to know.
John jsc248.
Read more : Sir Patrick Moore. | Views : 1296 | Replies : 14

Is anyone getting clear skies?

Hi Gang,
A quick moan!!
Is anyone anywhere getting any views of a clear sky recently. This is the longest I've personally not been able to get out and do a bit of observation for quite a while. Anybody else had better luck?
John jsc248.
Read more : Is anyone getting clear skies? | Views : 5108 | Replies : 61

One shot colour CCD cameras

Hi all - as every your advice is required!

Come the summer I will be buying a 'one shot colour CCD camera'. Given that I currently only have limited experience in astrophotography using a web cam, can anyone advise me as to the most suitable camera which will do reasonable deep sky shots. I will have a budget of aprox £1k. The scope I will be using is the one below.
Can anyone also explain ...
Read more : One shot colour CCD cameras | Views : 846 | Replies : 7

Mars Rovers' anniversary presentation

I've just been sent a link to a JPL website hosting a narrated slideshow of Mars Rover images. The presentation marks the Rovers' second anniversary in January. The narration is by Spirit and Opportunity team members. I was well impressed:
http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/multimedia/mer-yr2/

Bob (big)
Read more : Mars Rovers' anniversary presentation | Views : 343 | Replies : 1

Believe the reviews.

Finally got round to buying a scope.Rushed down to Argos for the Celestron Powerseeker c660,and rushed back down a week later and took it back.Spent 3 freezing cold nights in the garden thinking about all the 'don't buy this' reviews.Tried 1 lens,the moon was there, just,used the 2 other and barlow and could see nothing,more joy with a magnifying glass.Reviews,i knew they were there for a reason!
So,not much money about off i went again ...
Read more : Believe the reviews. | Views : 903 | Replies : 8

weather.co.uk

Hi All,

Looked into this website to get some weather info this afternoon - great -clear skies from 4.00pm till midnight , time to get a second go from my new scope.

4.30pm clouds appear! - 8.30pm still cloudy!!!

I,ve just spunked the thick end of 3K on my new scope, whens this b----y weather going to change!!!

Read more : weather.co.uk | Views : 486 | Replies : 3

A Cheap Shot!

Before my 'observatory' roof decided to pack up, I'd been putting my largely now defunct H alpha filter to some use. Here we have a shot of the Flame & Horsehead area, taken from my light polluted site in Oxford, using a cheap 500mm f/8 telephoto lens riding piggyback on my 11" SCT. It is a composite of two ~35 minute exposures taken with E200. The resultant slides were combined in Registar and converted to ...
Read more : A Cheap Shot! | Views : 1359 | Replies : 12

Innovative Observatory

This must be the ultimate in mobile observatories.

I saw it at the Autumn Equinox Sky camp at Kelling Heath, September last year.

Innovation or what!!!

Dave
Read more : Innovative Observatory | Views : 844 | Replies : 8

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 130428 • Total topics 19819 • Total members 143630