It is currently Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:19 am

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

A place to hang out and chat about astronomy

Meade ETX-105 & Meade LPI question

Hi, I am new to this amazing hobby and have an LPI and an ETX-105 but the software that came with the LPI is (for me) difficult to use. Does anyone have experience of this or can advise how best I can get images please. Ideally I'd like to take pics of planets, galaxies and nebulae
Read more : Meade ETX-105 & Meade LPI question | Views : 497 | Replies : 5

Seben

Has anybody ever heard of Seben telescopes? If so, are they any good?

Here's the link to their website: http://www.seben.com
Read more : Seben | Views : 567 | Replies : 8

newish member

Hi , Ilive in Cornwall but the weather has been atrocious for weeks now.
As a kid I was always interested in astronomy and used to read a lot of stuff on the subject from the library. What rekindled my interest was ( dont laugh!!) the offers at LIDL. Yes I bought the Skylux and a pair of the 10x50s Not had a real chance to try out the scope but the bins seem great, ...
Read more : newish member | Views : 261 | Replies : 3

Steady hand?

Hello just wondering that is there any binocular's that are steady when using them. For some reason on my ones its like watching fireworks. I'd rather not use a tripod as well, I have noticed on other binocular's are more steady the bigger they are could this have something to do with it? Any advice would be great.
Read more : Steady hand? | Views : 521 | Replies : 8

Ce;estron CG5 or Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro

Does anyone have any advice on the choice between these GOTO mounts? I shall be mounting an 80mm Revelation ST Refractor to do some basic imaging with the view to constant upgrades, etc. Is there really £200 worth of difference from the Celestron to the Skywatcher?
Help!!

Thanks in advance folks.

John
Read more : Ce;estron CG5 or Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro | Views : 357 | Replies : 5

Coronada BinoMite White Light Bins

This is a question I buried in another thread so just to give it another airing as a sep post in case anybody has experience of these.

I wonder if anyone has experience of
Coronado BinoMite White Light 10 X 25 Binoculars
for viewing solar activity?
Telescope house sell them - see link below.
Looks like they'd be great for eclipses (eg 29th March partial!)

http://www.telescopehouse.co.uk/page.aspx?theLang=001lngdef&pointerid=24225w9xWBUndKX5ROYARug7pGkcJkMY&action=lnk
Read more : Coronada BinoMite White Light Bins | Views : 515 | Replies : 5

Skywatcher EQ5 Mount

Hi

The Skywatcher EQ6 mount can handle a pay load of 25kg (50ibs +), can any say what sort of payload a EQ5 Manual mount can take.

As I am thinking of buying a smaller scope to ride piggy back on a Skywatcher 6" Refractor.

Thanks for any help.

Ken
Read more : Skywatcher EQ5 Mount | Views : 151 | Replies : 1

Evidence of a Multiverse?

I wonder if these two pieces of research are related and whether it could be evidence of a multiverse.

1. Recent studies have shown that our universe may be expanding faster in some directions than in others, leading to a smartie or M&M shaped universe.

2. Research done at Princeton University has shown that smarties/M&Ms shapes will pack more densely than any other shape into a given volume. Click here for details.

I'm not ...
Read more : Evidence of a Multiverse? | Views : 362 | Replies : 5

Seben 8-24mm Super Zoom Plossl Eyepiece

Hi Gang,
I have just bought a 8-24mm zoom eyepiece from German company Seben. On paper the eyepiece looks great and I'm looking forward to using it. has anyone out there got one of these eyepieces or something similar? If so what kind of experiences have you had with it?
I'd like to hear what you think.
Thanks gang.
jsc248
Read more : Seben 8-24mm Super Zoom Plossl Eyepiece | Views : 582 | Replies : 0

many useful links

You might know it already, but i find this site to be v.useful.
http://astronomylinks.com/

Thx
Read more : many useful links | Views : 178 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 128058 • Total topics 19138 • Total members 139261