It is currently Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:01 am

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

A place to hang out and chat about astronomy

filters

Can someone tell me what filter to buy to view Saturn before February?
Read more : filters | Views : 787 | Replies : 2

Astrophotography, where to begin?

I've read lots of stuff about all the different kinds of image capture, but I seem to get "snow blind" by it all. I think I would mostly like to image deep sky with a bit of planetary thrown in for good measure. Although I am not linked PC to scope at present, I intend to have a standalone PC for this purpose soon when I eventually decide what kind and when to build my ...
Read more : Astrophotography, where to begin? | Views : 1264 | Replies : 2

Prime Focus Magnification

I am just starting some basic astrophotography and am using a 35mm SLR at prime focus in my ETX125. Everyone knows how to work out magnification of a telescope with an eyepiece, but I cannot find how to work out the magnification of a telescope at prime focus. I suspect that somebody reading this forum can help me on this.
My first results show a magnification of about half that of the 26mm 4000 eyepeice ...
Read more : Prime Focus Magnification | Views : 13149 | Replies : 6

10" Skywatcher Revelation Dobsonian.

I am currently using the meade etx 90 EC GOTO and the celestron 675 powerseeker, but want to go for something more bigger so Will be getting the 10" skywatcher Revelation Dobsonian next weekend to come, have asked for quite a few for opinions on what they think to this, and just to make sure this is what i am deffinetely going for, anyones else got opinions on how good this telescope is? It comes ...
Read more : 10" Skywatcher Revelation Dobsonian. | Views : 3530 | Replies : 9

Where has everyone gone?

Before the Server 'crashed', this forum was a 'hive of activity', now its more like the 'Marie Celeste'.

Very different to the UKAI forum, which is 'buzzing' with activity.

Perhaps folk thought it had disappeared into a 'Black Hole', never to re-appear.
Read more : Where has everyone gone? | Views : 1475 | Replies : 4

Hard Cases -Suggestions ?

Whats the cheapest solution for hard cases for say a 4.5" 500mm Newtonian ?
I'd rather keep it in a sleeping bag rolled up than pay £200 -which seems to be par for the course for branded cases.

Anyone know of any cheaper solutions ?

cheers

Read more : Hard Cases -Suggestions ? | Views : 1762 | Replies : 5

Q1 Mount -question

Is this mount with the Skyhawk 1145 4.5" robust enough to take an added single axis motor drive ?
Read more : Q1 Mount -question | Views : 681 | Replies : 0

Antares - EBay - Any Comments ?

I assume that eyepieces that cost around £20 are to be avoided ?

I think Antares only sell from EBay - anyone know what there stuff's like ?
Read more : Antares - EBay - Any Comments ? | Views : 3120 | Replies : 11

Advice re Telescope Purchase

Hi All,

An earlier post I made supported my belief that more light per buck is the way to go.

However, in terms of specifics, what would people recommend under £300.

Unfortunately, cannot get hold of the SAN mag issue 1 where a few were revied and compared.

The Skywatcher explorer 130 seems like a contender......but is it worth the extra over the skyhawk 1145 ?

Also, what do people reckon to the cheaper (c£300) ...
Read more : Advice re Telescope Purchase | Views : 886 | Replies : 0

Looking to start up a new star group

Hello everybody! I am looking to start up a new astronomy group?society in the Mildenhall area of Suffolk. Is anybody out there living in this area that would like to join with me in this venture? If so send me an email and lets get talking. Cheers, Keith.
Read more : Looking to start up a new star group | Views : 1355 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 132122 • Total topics 20298 • Total members 146167