It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:36 am

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

A place to hang out and chat about astronomy

Novice Neville says Hello

http://forum.skyatnightmagazine.com/micons/m9.gif Hi there, Nev here. I have today logued into this forum and wish to make contact with some people in the Kent area. I live in the middle of Kent and I am new to Astronomy, though I have had a small telescope up in the attic for years.
I recently bought some binoculars, 20*100, with tripod. They are great for the moon but restricted for star observing.
Wishing to meet up with people ...
Read more : Novice Neville says Hello | Views : 1523 | Replies : 4

New Members

I note that quite a few new members have joined the Forum recently, why not take the time to introduce yourselves, just as one very new member has. We are are quite a friendly bunch on here.
Read more : New Members | Views : 9968 | Replies : 39

First experiences of a Skywatcher PRO Evostar 100ED + HEQ5

Hello to all, , I have purchased a Sky watcher Evostar pro 100ED + HEQ5 mount and was wondering is there anyone with a similar set up or maybe some one would like to give me some tips/advice etc. I am a newcomer having previously owned an ETX 125.(my first scope which I owned for 6 months,). I got very frustrated with this particular scope and all its troulbles, Maybe it was me!!!, I ...
Read more : First experiences of a Skywatcher PRO Evostar 100ED + HEQ5 | Views : 10337 | Replies : 15

New guy says Hi

Hi all have just joined the forum due to the fact that its proper cloudy out again. Just wanted to say hello to everyone and have put some of my pics into the gallery and wot not. Any comments welcome, even bad ones. only been doing this sort of thing for 2-3years so still a newbie really all advice welcome. Using a Meade Lx 200 gps 10" but stuck in southend with the worst light ...
Read more : New guy says Hi | Views : 1438 | Replies : 4

Binocular advice

Hi all,

I have just started to get into Astronomy with the advent of the S@N Magazine (which I luckily managed to get from the 1st edition), and am starting from the ground up with Binoculars: a pair of 10 x 50 inherrited from my great uncle.

I have got myself a fairly stable tripod and stool with which to set up and had a little success when the South Manchester skies are dark (and ...
Read more : Binocular advice | Views : 1734 | Replies : 4

The Universe

Everybody lives in a street in a city, a village or a town for what its worth and there all inside the country, which is part of a continent that sits upon a planet known as Earth. And the Earth is a ball full of oceans and some moutains, which is out there spinning silently in space, and living on that Earth are the plants and the animals and also the entire human race.

Its ...
Read more : The Universe | Views : 3832 | Replies : 14

Begginer requires telescope advice

Wonder if anyone can help / advise please? I'm new to astronomy and have recently bought a Meade DS114, as GOTO seemed a good idea for me to learn my way around the heavens, but am wondering if this is the best telescope for a novice, and if not, what would anyone reccomend for around the same price bracket.

Thanks
Ali
Read more : Begginer requires telescope advice | Views : 3684 | Replies : 16

Where is everyone?

Hi Gang,
I've just been having a talk with Les and it made me think that it would be nice to know where everyone is viewing the sky from. I'm from Huyton which is a town on the outskirts of Liverpool. Where are you all from? It will be interesting to find out just how scattered we all are!
jsc248
Read more : Where is everyone? | Views : 14108 | Replies : 86

filters

Can someone tell me what filter to buy to view Saturn before February?
Read more : filters | Views : 852 | Replies : 2

Astrophotography, where to begin?

I've read lots of stuff about all the different kinds of image capture, but I seem to get "snow blind" by it all. I think I would mostly like to image deep sky with a bit of planetary thrown in for good measure. Although I am not linked PC to scope at present, I intend to have a standalone PC for this purpose soon when I eventually decide what kind and when to build my ...
Read more : Astrophotography, where to begin? | Views : 1364 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 132306 • Total topics 20334 • Total members 146655