Switch to full style

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:38 pm

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

A place to hang out and chat about astronomy

On line Chat Room

Dear Group

Is there a on line Chat Room if not can we start one?? & Is there any club's in the London Area like Hayes ?
Please email back.
Read more : On line Chat Room | Views : 6150 | Replies : 23

Astronomy

I all. got the jan issue & made the binocular mount on the how to section. it looked cool .

FF.

Read more : Astronomy | Views : 1346 | Replies : 2

Let down again so whats new?

Well the good old english weather has let us chaps up here in leeds down yet again this afternoon we were all hoping to catch occultation of mars/moon think it would have been around 17.15ish time
no such luck! Rain here again anyone out there in cyberland get to witness the event today any pictures to share with us maybe.

Oh by the way hello everyone just realised as its my first time on here ...
Read more : Let down again so whats new? | Views : 991 | Replies : 2

What is your favourite season for observing......

.........and why?

For me it would be easier to answer as to what my least favourite season for observing is (which is autumn) as all of the other three seasons hold a certain magic for me (Orion in winter, spring galaxies & nebulae in summer).

However, if push comes to shove, I think I would have to plump for summer. Although the nights are short, by August time, things are getting sufficiently dark to observe ...
Read more : What is your favourite season for observing...... | Views : 1330 | Replies : 4

2005 Irish Astronomy Astronomer of the Year

Congrats to Martin McKenna for getting this award

http://www.irishastronomy.org/boards/viewtopic.php?p=21453#21453
Read more : 2005 Irish Astronomy Astronomer of the Year | Views : 889 | Replies : 0

An award well deserved!

Hi Gang,
It's great to see that the publishing industry enjoys this magazine as well as we all do. The quality of the magazine from layout to editorial to the features and tutorials makes it obvious that this magazine would pick up the best newcomer award. Congratulations to everyone at the magazine and here's to the future longest running magazine award!!
jsc248
Read more : An award well deserved! | Views : 737 | Replies : 0

Calendar

I notice we have a calendar on this forum, though rank & file members are unable to add to it.

I've suggested to our Admin that we use it to post astronomical events - e.g. planetary/moon conjunctions, meteor shower activity etc. However the Admin on this site will be away til 17/1/06 - so I don't expect to get a response before then

Do you all think this would be good use of our calendar ...
Read more : Calendar | Views : 6549 | Replies : 33

observing group

does anyone want to start an observing group in redhill/reigate in surrey.
e.mail if interested.
Read more : observing group | Views : 689 | Replies : 0

Advice viewing objects

hi there
does anyone know of a web site / publication which lists the messier and or ngc objects that are good for observing as opposed to photographing?
Read more : Advice viewing objects | Views : 1446 | Replies : 4

Open University - "Introducing Astronomy" course

Has anyone taken this course? If so is it worthwhile? I've bought a couple of books ("Nightwatch" by Terence Dickinson and "The Backyard Astronomer's Guide" by Terence Dickinson and Alan Dyer) which are both excellent in my opinion, but I feel a course would be very useful as well.

Can anyone recommend the Open University course (or a similar one)?
Read more : Open University - "Introducing Astronomy" course | Views : 4019 | Replies : 13

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 131974 • Total topics 20253 • Total members 145893