News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

A place to hang out and chat about astronomy

MOVED: BUYING SECONDHAND SCOPES

Advice and Information: http://forum.skyatnightmagazine.com/fb.asp?m=406
Read more : MOVED: BUYING SECONDHAND SCOPES | Views : 782 | Replies : 0

MOVED: Suggest cheap scopes for an amateur on limited budget

Advice and Information: http://forum.skyatnightmagazine.com/fb.asp?m=285
Read more : MOVED: Suggest cheap scopes for an amateur on limited budget | Views : 908 | Replies : 0

Local Sky Parties !!!!!!!!!!!

Does anybody know of any Sky Parties or large clubs that get together regularly for viewing. I live in Basildon, Essex and would find these events a great opportunity to meet others and exchange tips, i can't be the only one who would like this.

Thanks Paul
Read more : Local Sky Parties !!!!!!!!!!! | Views : 2845 | Replies : 12

most useful accessory?

It would be handy i think to know what your favourite or most usefull item is , could be anything from an eyepiece to an item of clothing that makes our vigil under a cold sky more comfortable, at the moment mine is a 25 mil wide angle eyepiece, it gives great views of a lot of sky, oh and a balaclava it keeps my ears warm. There must be loads more bits and pieces ...
Read more : most useful accessory? | Views : 4398 | Replies : 25

does anyone suffer from scope fever

does anyone out there suffer like me from reading the adverts in the astro mags and think that all the other scopes that are advertised will perform better than mine, so far i have got through four telescopes and have ended up with an otion optics spx250 on a goto mount but i still look at the ads and wonder if that other scope ive just read about will perform better?
Read more : does anyone suffer from scope fever | Views : 3414 | Replies : 14

anyone out there in Cornwall......

I recently received my first scope as a xmas present. Its a 70mm refractor on an equatorial mount.
The assembly looks a daunting task, and I wondered if someone could give me a hand to assemble it?
I can pay for the time and expenses.
I live in Penzance.
Many thanks, Peter
Read more : anyone out there in Cornwall...... | Views : 870 | Replies : 0

Observatory Humididty/Condensation

Hi All,

Happy Christmas!

I'm just having an observatory installed. I am concerned about humidity/condensation. I can measure humidity and currently I keep my telescopes at between 50% to 70%. Are these reasable figures?

What dehumidifiers are used by of people, are there any models that people already use or can commend. Perhaps the concensus is not to bother?

Any help out there?

All the best

Simon
Read more : Observatory Humididty/Condensation | Views : 2631 | Replies : 5

Stargazing in the big City

Hi Folks.Im vey new to Astronomy and wonder where can you go in London to gaze at the heavens as where I live (clapham South London) is very light polluted.Ive just bought myself a new meade and im dying to get started-thanks
Read more : Stargazing in the big City | Views : 1496 | Replies : 5

March 29 2006

Does anyone know of a site where they are doing fairly cheap trips for next year's total eclipse?
Read more : March 29 2006 | Views : 1098 | Replies : 1

Ursids Tonight

Hey is any one going to observe the Ursids which peak tonight? Im going to start my annual watch as soon as the clouds clear. Im packed and ready to go. Good luck all
Read more : Ursids Tonight | Views : 1192 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 131699 • Total topics 20166 • Total members 145324