It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 6:05 am

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

A place to hang out and chat about astronomy

Post-processing of images

I really enjoy looking at people's imaging efforts, and we've already got some great pics posted in the photo gallery.

I've come across many pics on other sites where the full technical spec. has been given to how the image was achieved, e.g. how long the exposure, how many frames stacked etc. and quite often I see that the image was further processed in Photoshop, or a similar program.

What kind of processing is done ...
Read more : Post-processing of images | Views : 1093 | Replies : 1

How do you deal with dew formation?

I am new to astronomy and find that my view quickly turns hazy, which i think is dew formation. Where do you store the scope, room temp or outside temp, and are dew removers effective? I would appreciate any advise.
Read more : How do you deal with dew formation? | Views : 3177 | Replies : 13

astrological astronomeurs

hello forum.

It's very nice to be able to talk to fellow astronomeurs about their astrological equipment... ;)
Read more : astrological astronomeurs | Views : 1927 | Replies : 7

MOVED: Opinions on Sky at Night magazine

General: http://forum.skyatnightmagazine.com/fb.asp?m=9
Read more : MOVED: Opinions on Sky at Night magazine | Views : 806 | Replies : 0

Hello Gang.

Hi Gang,
I guess i should have called this thread "Rogues Gallery". This is, unfortunately" what I look like and I invite everyone to post their own photos.

Hope to "see" you all soon.

jsc248

local://30/8B104B4E01B94ACFB7F2A0A311F1AE56.jpg
Read more : Hello Gang. | Views : 902 | Replies : 1

New S@N forum's good!

Great new forum! I think I will be dropping by frequently. I'm quite new to astonomy, although I have always had an interest, and have enjoyed The Sky At Night programs sinse I was a child. I recently purchased my second telescope, and am really getting into CCD imaging now. If only we had more clear skies in Britain!
Read more : New S@N forum's good! | Views : 960 | Replies : 0

Sir Patrick Moore.

Hi Gang,
Has anyone out there met Sir Patrick! I have spoken to him many times on the phone and found him to be a complete gentleman with a great sense of humour. I hope one day to meet the great man in person. I would like to hear from anyone who has met him and would share the experience.
jsc248.
Read more : Sir Patrick Moore. | Views : 7669 | Replies : 52

Astronomy at Home!

Hi Gang,
At the grand old age of forty four I achieved my first step in the academic rung. In July of this year I was awarded a certificate of higher education in astronomy from John Moores University in Liverpool. This was all done by distance learning in front of my P.C. at home. I am now going to try and take the studies further by studying for a BSc in Astronomy from the Open ...
Read more : Astronomy at Home! | Views : 2770 | Replies : 15

Anyone struggling with the colour scheme of the forum?

I think the magazine is superb.

My only gripe is this forum.

The colour scheme is doing my head in already! I've only been here for 5 minutes and I can feel a migraine coming on, lol !

Hey mods, how about a button or something that allows us to change the colour scheme to something more legible for us 'oldies' on the forum.

I've seen it done on other sites, so can't be too ...
Read more : Anyone struggling with the colour scheme of the forum? | Views : 4300 | Replies : 16

So what equipment do you own?

Be interesting to see how we all enjoy the night sky! Of course, to do so, all you need is a pair of eyes. Costly equipment is by no means essential.

I'm lucky insofar that I've been the proud owner of an 11" Celestron SCT for the past 14 years. I chose this particular telescope after reading widely & bearing in mind that my main pursuit was going to be the challenge of film based ...
Read more : So what equipment do you own? | Views : 11972 | Replies : 74

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 131261 • Total topics 20031 • Total members 144621