It is currently Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:31 pm

News News of Ask a silly (astronomy) question

Site map of Ask a silly (astronomy) question » Forum : Ask a silly (astronomy) question

Got a beginners' question? No matter how elementary, our friendly forum community and magazine writers will answer it.

jupiter and uranus conjuction

Hi
this months S@n said that there would be a jupiter and uranus conjuction and this has happend but what I need to know is will this continue till the end of the month or has gone
thanks
Read more : jupiter and uranus conjuction | Views : 973 | Replies : 1

Moons Go Round Planets

Planets go round Suns,The Sun in the Orion Arm goes round the Milky Way,could the Local Group of Galaxies go around anything Cosmic Strings??,and could even Universes circle some incredible massive body which goes beyond our comprehension.
Read more : Moons Go Round Planets | Views : 1381 | Replies : 2

Comet Filter

Hi all,

Lumicon make a comet filter to help one "see the gaseous tail to its full extent'

Do they really work for visual observing, or is it really just an astrophotography accessory instead?

Have you come across these?

Ta
Read more : Comet Filter | Views : 1186 | Replies : 2

How can gravity over power the strong and weak nuclear forces?

When black holes or neutron stars are formed, am i right in thinking the elecrons are forced into the nucleus? How is this possible, I was thinking the more mass an object had would mean the number of particles it contained would also increase- would the nuclear forces not increase too and resist the gravity as more and more particles were added?

It hurts to be a curious layperson!!! HELP!

cheers guys!
Read more : How can gravity over power the strong and weak nuclear forces? | Views : 4280 | Replies : 10

could you see stars if you were standing on the moon?

Sorry if this is really obvious and/or been asked too many times but........ Is it possible to see the stars whilst standing on the illuminated surface of the moon?....I thought as we are looking at sunlight bouncing off it that it must be daytime on the surface and too bright to see the much dimmer stars? Would it mean you cant see any stars at all unless you were in a position that was shaded ...
Read more : could you see stars if you were standing on the moon? | Views : 14909 | Replies : 9

Object on Video

Could someone tell me what this object might be that is striking the surface of the moon?

Here is the video, I shot it a few weeks back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_0bfhYK8YI&hd=1
Read more : Object on Video | Views : 3144 | Replies : 10

Sidereal Time

What date and time is Sidereal time exactly the same as normal time and is it the same every year.
I can see at the time I am writing this the Sidereal time is 20-56 and actual time is 22-15
thanks Paul
Read more : Sidereal Time | Views : 976 | Replies : 1

Planck Time And Planck Era

Have they made any headway on the planck time 10- 43 after the bang bang and are they any closer to bringing gravity into the fold to explain this.
Read more : Planck Time And Planck Era | Views : 991 | Replies : 1

What Aperture Would You Need

to look at asteroids,or to look at pluto and can you see anything in the kuiper belt or the oort cloud or are the objects so small that only the bigger telescopes can venture.
Read more : What Aperture Would You Need | Views : 1261 | Replies : 2

Absolute Zero - Why?

Why is there an absolute zero and how do we know it's accurate? Is there a maximum temperature limit and if not why not?

Please keep solutions as simple as possible, thanks!
Read more : Absolute Zero - Why? | Views : 2190 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 132123 • Total topics 20299 • Total members 146170