It is currently Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:51 am

News News of Ask a silly (astronomy) question

Site map of Ask a silly (astronomy) question » Forum : Ask a silly (astronomy) question

Got a beginners' question? No matter how elementary, our friendly forum community and magazine writers will answer it.

Absolute Zero - Why?

Why is there an absolute zero and how do we know it's accurate? Is there a maximum temperature limit and if not why not?

Please keep solutions as simple as possible, thanks!
Read more : Absolute Zero - Why? | Views : 2258 | Replies : 6

Skywatcher Explorer v Dobsonian

The Skywatcher Explorer 200P has a EQ5 mount at £375 and the Skywatcher Explorer 150 PL with a EQ3-2 mount at £245 versus the Dobsonian 8" Skywatcher Skyliner 200P at £275 and the 10" Skywatcher Skyliner 250PX at £395.

What are the pros and cons of the first 2 telescopes against the latter 2 telescopes Thanks.
Read more : Skywatcher Explorer v Dobsonian | Views : 2912 | Replies : 5

A question or three about eyepieces

Hi there
I've read about eyepieces a bit and i'd like to ask you what you think about the Baader Hyperion Zoom Mark III, do you like it?
Would you recommend it as a first eyepiece buy or do you think i'm better off with some regular EP's and a better barlow than the supplied one?
The scope came with a 25mm, 10mm and a 2x barlow (they're called "super") and i've read that the ...
Read more : A question or three about eyepieces | Views : 1941 | Replies : 5

hi all, a mate of mine wants to know if the the planetary alinment 2012 will have any effect on the earth?
Read more : 2012 | Views : 3778 | Replies : 12

The usual question... please don't hate me! =)

Dear Sky watchers,

I am sorry to come with the same question as many others... but I couldn't find an answer in previous posts, so... there you go =)

I want to gift my wife a telescope for her b-day, she's' really passionate about the sky, but at the same time not a real expert and tends to get lost when looking at maps, therefore my preference goes to a computerized option rather than greater ...
Read more : The usual question... please don't hate me! =) | Views : 3980 | Replies : 11

Noob astrophotography question

I have just started to take an interest in astrophotography and have bought a T-ring and T-adapter to link my Canon D1000 to my Skywatcher telescope. I have started to have a play around with the kit having read up a bit on the subject but what I find confusing is when people talk about setting the aperture on the camera - obviously the lower F-stop meaning more light comes into the camera. As soon ...
Read more : Noob astrophotography question | Views : 2919 | Replies : 6

Amateur Astronomer wanting to confirm some obs

Hello. Just wanted to ask about the ISS can i confirm if anyone saw it around 9.30pm (i'm in manchester) also using my 127 skywatcher using a 2x barlow lens and 25mm was able to see a good view of Jupiter and the NEB. Still could not see the SEB but i think i was able to just pick up the great red spot, my first time ive seen it, can any one confirm It ...
Read more : Amateur Astronomer wanting to confirm some obs | Views : 1722 | Replies : 4

Thinking about buying a telescope

Hello, I was wondering that would it be a good idea to buy a telescope since i live in a estate :( ? I am quite new to astronomy but i'd love to watch some nebulas, galaxys etc :O and if you want to check out the place where i live then type this in Google Maps : Cavan, Ireland ... zoom it in, and look for Swellan ... I live just above that lake ...
Read more : Thinking about buying a telescope | Views : 2397 | Replies : 6

getting a refractor telescope

hi all

at the moment I have a celestron power seeker model reflector but I am thinking of
buying a refractor as well is it worth it
please help
thanks
Read more : getting a refractor telescope | Views : 1213 | Replies : 2

Starter Telescope

Hi hope you can help i am a beginer to astronamy and at the moment we have borowed a cheap jessops 60mm refractor but we want to buy a telescope now that is better we have a budget of £150-£250 so was just wondering if any one had any sucjestions.
Hope you can help
Read more : Starter Telescope | Views : 4932 | Replies : 9

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 132232 • Total topics 20320 • Total members 146470