It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:43 am

News News of Your astro observations, images & sketches

Site map of Your astro observations, images & sketches » Forum : Your astro observations, images & sketches

Post your latest observations, sketches or astro images here

Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann

Fragment B has brightened considerably over the past few days. Here are a couple of shots taken over the past couple of days.

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/comets/73P.html

Note the wide field shot is about as wide as I can telescopically. A 4 degree separation is equivalent to 8 full Moons!
Read more : Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann | Views : 19980 | Replies : 118

meade ds 2070 observations

Hallo everybody.
Finally the skies were clear for a few days over Bristol so I had a go on my meade ds 2070.
I was very impressed! Saw the shadow on the saturn rings from the giant, saw 5 moons of jupiter (unless the fifth moon was something else) plus some cloud belts, saw for the first time smudges of m81 and m82 and the clarity with which i saw the moon was very impressing. ...
Read more : meade ds 2070 observations | Views : 3540 | Replies : 12

maximum magnification for a 70 mm refractor, please help

Hi all.
Ive got a question (again), what do you think would be maximum bearable and still watchable magnification with my meade 70mm, 700mm focal length refractor? As I want to update meade MA eyepieces that I got with the scope and Idwouldnt like to get something which id end up unhappy with. What is the max for planetary viewing? Max for deep sky? Doubles?
Thank you very much. Sorry for being such a trouble. ...
Read more : maximum magnification for a 70 mm refractor, please help | Views : 2358 | Replies : 6

M45 and Moon - comments please

Dear All,

I took the attached image of the moon and M45 last night at 1953hrs using my digital SLR and 70-200 zoom lens. I ve adjusted the image in photoshop by using 'auto levels' only. What I would like to know is have I recorded only the moon and M45 or are some of the 'stars' hot pixels from the camera. From viewing the image at 300% I THINK I've got only stars. Exposure ...
Read more : M45 and Moon - comments please | Views : 1128 | Replies : 3

Weird shadow effects during solar eclipse

Hi everyone,

I'm gradually publishing my images from Turkey and have put up some pictures (http://willgater.blogspot.com) I got of the crazy shadow effects that a solar eclipse brings. There's a nice one (I think) demonstrating the blurred and straight edges caused by a crescent Sun.

Will
Read more : Weird shadow effects during solar eclipse | Views : 2025 | Replies : 9

Earthshine during a total eclipse of the Sun

When the Moon is new from the Earth, the Earth is full from the Moon. The light from the full Earth faintly illuminates the Moon making the new Moon visible against a dark sky. For the most part the sky is way too bright to see this effect. However, at the time of a total eclipse of the Sun, it is possible to capture this phenomenon...

local://5/872D5DB18CC94670B5133DCB6E49A343.jpg
Read more : Earthshine during a total eclipse of the Sun | Views : 4018 | Replies : 14

Total Solar Eclipse from Turkey

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd mention that I've uploaded some images of the total solar eclipse from Turkey on my blog (http://willgater.blogspot.com) for anyone to look at, if they are interested.

Will
Read more : Total Solar Eclipse from Turkey | Views : 903 | Replies : 2

Total eclipse of the Sun

Hi all,

Just got back from southern Turkey. Here are some of the first photos (out of hundreds taken) that caught my eye. A truly awesome experience...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/solar/tse-20060329/tse.html
Read more : Total eclipse of the Sun | Views : 2655 | Replies : 11

Viewing the Sun

Today as there was a solar eclpise a question passed through my head.
What is the best way to see the Sun (considering both sun's image and price)?
Using a SolarMax telescope or using an Ha filter or a Calcium K filter?
Read more : Viewing the Sun | Views : 2034 | Replies : 8

Partial solar eclipse took through telescope..

Not too great, but was pleased with how they come out.

Got the last half of it all (other side of it tho due to telescope, so looks like it started but was the finish of it all)..Last bit of sun to go and clouds rolled in..

Read more : Partial solar eclipse took through telescope.. | Views : 3457 | Replies : 19

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 131795 • Total topics 20204 • Total members 145533