It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:40 pm

News News of Your astro observations, images & sketches

Site map of Your astro observations, images & sketches » Forum : Your astro observations, images & sketches

Post your latest observations, sketches or astro images here

Comet Pojmanski Pictures

Hi Gang,
Did anyone manage to get an image of the recent comet as I only glimpsed it in a break in the cloudcover?
Thanks
John.
Read more : Comet Pojmanski Pictures | Views : 1409 | Replies : 4

How good is your observing site?

Found this useful link on another forum to help people gague their limiting visual magnitude. http://www.globe.gov/GaN/

Check it out & then post your magnitude.

On a good night I can reach ~4. However, on most nights it's ~3-4.

Not the best you can get by any means.
Read more : How good is your observing site? | Views : 1878 | Replies : 7

Eyepieces

Having just purchased a Coronado PST does anyone use the Cemax eyepieces which I understand are for Ha viewing - are they any better than ordinary eyepieces ? Currently I'm using a Celestron X-CEL 10mm eyepiece.

Best Wishes

Richard
Read more : Eyepieces | Views : 595 | Replies : 0

Barlow Lens - whats the differnce

I'm trying to obtain some images of the sun throught my Coronado PST but I understand this can be a problem when using a DSLR one option I've been told is to use s Shorty Barlow lens - Is there any diffenence between that and an ordinary Barlow ? The other option I've been informed is to physically remove the extension piece between the PST's blocking filter and body - an unnoficial modification that may ...
Read more : Barlow Lens - whats the differnce | Views : 760 | Replies : 1

The Moon tonight

I took this photo at 20:43 UTC tonight. There are annotations on the original link.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53789403@N00/110221749/

http://static.flickr.com/49/110221749_e0bf184ef9.jpg
Read more : The Moon tonight | Views : 1200 | Replies : 5

How do you 'observe' the night sky?

This probably seems like an odd question so I'd better explain what I mean. I was just curious to see what sort of split we had here amongst telescope owners as to how many observe the traditional way - i.e. by putting their eye to the eyepiece.........and how many use an 'electronic' method of viewing an image on a laptop.

I'm most definitely a 'traditionalist' (especially as I don't own a laptop) and enjoy looking ...
Read more : How do you 'observe' the night sky? | Views : 3481 | Replies : 17

What a difference!

Hi Gang,
My 8-24mm zoom eyepiece came yestereday and last night was my first night of observation with it. Fantastic. This eyepiece takes the place of every plossyl eyepiece from 8mm to 24mm. Very smooth running and no problems with the optics whatsoever. I would recommend one of these to everyone, if nothing else it saves a lot of time swapping the eyepieces.
Brilliant views of a beautiful cresent moon, saturn and plenty of deep ...
Read more : What a difference! | Views : 1147 | Replies : 4

Orion Wide field

Put the 350D on a tripod last night and took a little wide field shot, still learning but can see orion through the LP. ISO 800 for 20 seconds at about 20.00 hrs.

Ernie

Can't delete this thread?? I will repost when I have the link to the picture sorted out.
Read more : Orion Wide field | Views : 595 | Replies : 0

Moon with Earthshine

Reasonably clear sky tonight and the most beautiful Moon with Earthshine! This image taken at 19:30 this evening sadly does not do it justice but is was an amazing sight!

Read more : Moon with Earthshine | Views : 3697 | Replies : 18

Comet Pojmanski

Has anyone seen Comet Pojmanski yet?I realise that it's presently only visible in the UK for a short period just before dawn,but spotting it with binoculars shouldn't be too difficult,as it's presently only about 7 degrees left of Venus.
Maybe someone has been on holiday south of the equator and seen it then.
I've read that it's currently at magnitude 5.5,I don't know how bright it's going to get,but I think it will be readily ...
Read more : Comet Pojmanski | Views : 2717 | Replies : 11

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 131576 • Total topics 20129 • Total members 145106