Switch to mobile style

It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:33 pm

News News of Your astro observations, images & sketches

Site map of Your astro observations, images & sketches » Forum : Your astro observations, images & sketches

Post your latest observations, sketches or astro images here

Sunspots

Anyone notice the sunspot thats getting bigger?
Read more : Sunspots | Views : 1349 | Replies : 4

Saturn occultation of BY Cancri

My observation was ruined by cloud
Read more : Saturn occultation of BY Cancri | Views : 1481 | Replies : 4

Not quite a new discovery!!

Hi Gang,
I was out observing the other night and had the telescope set up with a medium power eyepice in and was happily drawing Saturn on the pad. All of a sudden a bright orange light appeared from nowhere. At first I wondered what was going on, until I looked away from the telescope to discover that an aeroplane had crossed the field of view and it must have ben the tail light I ...
Read more : Not quite a new discovery!! | Views : 2170 | Replies : 6

supernova

John,
Thanks for the answer. I've checked it on NASA ISS web site and it confirms what you thought.
Just off outside now to try and see some Quadrantids!
Thanks again.
Read more : supernova | Views : 906 | Replies : 0

supernova

Did anyone else see the planet like light gradually increasing in brightness then fading away to nothing this evening? It lasted about 30 seconds. It was to the lower south west of Mars at about 18.15 this evening.
Read more : supernova | Views : 897 | Replies : 1

Home Made Observatory

In the near future I plan to build my own observatory; having looked at various designs on the web, namely:- Roll off, traditional dome, tarpaulin(!) et al, is there anybody located in the South West, (Cornwall / W. Devon) who would be willing to let me have a look at there own facility for first hand inspiration. Also, as I wish to progress to imaging, any advice on this subject would also be greatly appreciated. ...
Read more : Home Made Observatory | Views : 3456 | Replies : 7

Meteor Shower Quadrantids

Has anyone seen this meteor shower yet.Skys have been really clouded lateley so was wondering what the best time of night to look for this.
Read more : Meteor Shower Quadrantids | Views : 919 | Replies : 0

Small 1/4 moon shaped object

Strange request, anyone have any ideas what I'm looking at... its very interesting to say the least ?
It appears like a 1/4 moon but only about1mm size in a 7mm eyepeice on a 70mm refractor.
Its roughly setting in the south east almost at the horizon (Well the roofs of the houses)
I'm near upminster in essex uk

Gaz n Maz
Read more : Small 1/4 moon shaped object | Views : 1870 | Replies : 5

Lunar eclipse predictions

Does anyone know when the next total lunar eclsipse visible from the UK is?
Read more : Lunar eclipse predictions | Views : 1288 | Replies : 1

An encounter with Mars

Mars in December. My only decent image this year. 12 GPS and ToUcam Pro
Read more : An encounter with Mars | Views : 1186 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 131876 • Total topics 20221 • Total members 145722