It is currently Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:08 pm

News News of Equipment Advice

Site map of Equipment Advice » Forum : Equipment Advice

Ask your fellow astronomers to solve your telescope queries

Which Telescope around £300 ?

Dear Friends,

Participating in these forums is my first step into the Astronomy community. I am recently thinking of astronomy as a serious hobby and would like to start observations. I have bought a few books (not yet a telescope) and gone through many web-sites and forums.

I would be grateful for any advice you could render for my queries. I apologize if some of these questions have already been dealt with.

- Which telescope ...
Read more : Which Telescope around £300 ? | Views : 2644 | Replies : 9

Which camera mount

Hi can anyone give me a bit of info on a mount for a camera which tracks the sky for long exopsures. Would this do the job?

http://www.scsastro.co.uk/it170011.htm
Read more : Which camera mount | Views : 2368 | Replies : 10

home made scope

hi all can anyone give me some info on where i can sorce parts to make my own dobson scope thanks / and just when are these clouds gona bugger offf
Read more : home made scope | Views : 1280 | Replies : 3

Astronomy Mags

I have 105 astronomy mags for sale. Dating from 92 to 2005. Im looking £25
Read more : Astronomy Mags | Views : 718 | Replies : 0

Which Scope

Hi all.... I am a basic learner and am undecided as to which scope to purchase...I would like a GOTO scope and hev narrowed the search down to the Meade.ETX80AT and the Celestion Nextstar 130SLT. It appears to me that the Celestion has a larger magnification but at what cost. I must confess that the Celestion is my favourite as the setting up (2 star) would look easier than searching for the Pole star... any ...
Read more : Which Scope | Views : 3587 | Replies : 14

dusty skywatcher pro 150

Hello,
I just bought this OTA second hand on ebay from a reputable seller who deals in astronomical equipment. I wanted it especially after the positive review this model got in the mag. Very pleased overall with the build quality and what I can see by poking out the bedroom window - I'm currently saving for a EQ-5 mount. However, I see a lot of dust particles on the back of the lens. At high ...
Read more : dusty skywatcher pro 150 | Views : 1285 | Replies : 3

Skywatcher carrycase

Hi,
Does anyone know where I can purchase a carrycase for my SKY-Watcher MAC 127mm EQ3-2 and tripod. I have tried many stores and web sites but to no avail, I have even thought of making a case? Any info would be excellent.
Regards,

Whirlybird.
Read more : Skywatcher carrycase | Views : 983 | Replies : 2

Star charts

Does anyone know where I might get a large scale star chart/map from. I very nealry took my camb star atlas and cut it up to make one to put on my bedroom wall. I am sure I saw one for sale a few years ago I can't remember if it was rolled up into a tube or if it was a folding one like the cheaper road maps.
Read more : Star charts | Views : 1366 | Replies : 4

MOVED: connecting tasco starguide 4 to laptop

Advice and Information: http://forum.skyatnightmagazine.com/fb.asp?m=598
Read more : MOVED: connecting tasco starguide 4 to laptop | Views : 791 | Replies : 0

Novice seeks guidance

A complete novice is after a bit of advice.

I've been looking at a Meade ETX 70AT which is for sale at £249.99. It has a small Autostar database attachment.

Can anyone let me know whether they think this is a good purchase for someone just beginning to get a bit more interested in astronomy. I'm also interested in starting astrophotography, so would this model be suitable for that also? If not, a suitable alternative ...
Read more : Novice seeks guidance | Views : 2098 | Replies : 8

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 132137 • Total topics 20301 • Total members 146192