It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:17 pm

News News of Equipment Advice

Site map of Equipment Advice » Forum : Equipment Advice

Ask your fellow astronomers to solve your telescope queries

MOVED: connecting tasco starguide 4 to laptop

Advice and Information: http://forum.skyatnightmagazine.com/fb.asp?m=598
Read more : MOVED: connecting tasco starguide 4 to laptop | Views : 724 | Replies : 0

Novice seeks guidance

A complete novice is after a bit of advice.

I've been looking at a Meade ETX 70AT which is for sale at £249.99. It has a small Autostar database attachment.

Can anyone let me know whether they think this is a good purchase for someone just beginning to get a bit more interested in astronomy. I'm also interested in starting astrophotography, so would this model be suitable for that also? If not, a suitable alternative ...
Read more : Novice seeks guidance | Views : 1927 | Replies : 8

Skywatcher Pro ED 100

Hi there,

the skywatcher ED-80 gets pretty good reviews. But does anybody have experience with its bigger brother, the ED 100? Is it worthwhile the difference?

Any information to help to make up my mind would be great!

CS
Read more : Skywatcher Pro ED 100 | Views : 1023 | Replies : 2

40mm eyepiece

I was thinking of buying the Antares eyepiece set which contains the 40mm. Would such an eyepiece be suitable for my 200mm Skywatcher dob (1200mm F6) or would the FOV be too wide?
Read more : 40mm eyepiece | Views : 1025 | Replies : 2

Quality of Bresser Messier?

Hi,

need some help re purchase of new scope. Does anyone want to share insights into the use/handle of the Bresser Messier R 127-L/R 127-S? Can't find anything on the net (beyond the glossy self-advertising...).

Would this be a good puchase?
Value-for-money?
SGazing-Experience?

Any advice to an intrigued novice would be fantastic.

Read more : Quality of Bresser Messier? | Views : 1091 | Replies : 1

Binoculars 10 x 50

I want to get some 10 x 50 Binoculars and tried to get Edition 3 to read the Group Tests. This back issue is no longer available though.

I quite like the look of the Celestron OptiView LPR. Can anyone tell me how this did in the review? What was the best buy? Any other feedback on what I ought to look out for would be good. I don't really want to go beyond £100. ...
Read more : Binoculars 10 x 50 | Views : 3525 | Replies : 8

Maksutov VS Schmidt

Hello everybody,

I'm seriously considering buying a proper telescope, but can't seem to make my mind up between the Skywatcher's Skymax pro 150 Mak, and the Celestron 9.25" SCT Advanced series. Is there anyone out there with some wise words, which can sway my decision towards either one?

I'm interested in both planetary and deepsky observation, and would like to be "ready" for any future photography options (ie: I will make sure I get a ...
Read more : Maksutov VS Schmidt | Views : 3045 | Replies : 5

Nikon 5400

I have a Nikon 5400 for sale. In perfect condition and comes boxed with everything. Very good camera for astro work with up to 10mins exposure. Noise reduction setting and over 14 sence moods. It has up to a 12x zoom and many different lighting/flashes available. Voted best camera for astrophotography from DSLR

Im asking a reasonable £285

Read more : Nikon 5400 | Views : 649 | Replies : 0

Mead Telescope

Hi every one

Can some one that as a Meade LXD 75 10" Schmidt Newtonian Reflector Telescope, please pass some coment on it.

What are the things for and against it.

Thanks

Ken
Read more : Mead Telescope | Views : 1544 | Replies : 5

Sky Watcher Eye Pieces

Hi every one

I am new to Astronomy.

I bought myself a Sky Watcher 6" Refractor with a EQ5 manual mount last November and have managed to use it once so far.

But I could not get on with the eye two pieces supplied with the scope, I whant to buy some of the Sky Watcher range of eye pieces, Long Eye Relief and the Ultra Wide Angle ones, as they fit into my budget ...
Read more : Sky Watcher Eye Pieces | Views : 1263 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 131869 • Total topics 20219 • Total members 145716