It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:16 am

News News of Equipment Advice

Site map of Equipment Advice » Forum : Equipment Advice

Ask your fellow astronomers to solve your telescope queries

PHENIX REFRACTOR??

ebay regularly has this 5inch refractor for sale and it seems to sell for around the £240 mark.
Seems a great price for such a scope. Has anyone any experience of using this?
Grateful for any comments, advice.
Pete
ps. this is the " long tube" model--not the short one.
Read more : PHENIX REFRACTOR?? | Views : 3333 | Replies : 4

Help getting started....

Hi found the forum outof the magazine. I got a telescope for christmas and have tried a few times on clear nights trying to focus moon and stars but have had no success, i have practised in day light focusing and starting to get the hang of that but at night i struggle and don't have a clue how to get started can anyone help?

Thanks

Mike
Read more : Help getting started.... | Views : 931 | Replies : 2

Which scope

Hi All,

I'm looking at getting my next scope, which would be a Meade or Celestron SCT goto type, with Celestron being my primary choice.

The Celestron CPC 800XLT has good reviews and would most probably be a great scope.

However I guess that if you wanted to upgrade at a later date to a bigger aperture your stuck due to the fork widths.

Alternatively the Celestron Advanced S series 8" SGT is comparitively cheaper ...
Read more : Which scope | Views : 843 | Replies : 2

maksutov cassegrain - should I?

Hi all,
I'm looking for advice please. I've currently got a Skywatcher 130m (excellent pics on you site by the way g4aqb) and am looking to upgrade. I'm thinking about getting a Meade ETX 105PE Maksutov-Cassegrain. I have about £700 to spend, am I doing the right thing? Any help about what I should get greatfully received, definately want a computer controlled one (I'm v. lazy!!).
Cheers.
Read more : maksutov cassegrain - should I? | Views : 1388 | Replies : 5

Bresser Messier Refractors

Hi to everyone. Has anyone out there recently bought a Bresser Messier refractor, if so what is your opinion of these scopes? I already have a Dobsonian 6" and 12" reflector for deep sky viewing, but I am considering buying the 5" refractor for planetary work. On the whole the Messier scopes, build and optics sound pretty favourable on paper, but any user comments would be most welcome.
Read more : Bresser Messier Refractors | Views : 1237 | Replies : 3

Tal 1

Hey iv got a Tal 1 for sale. Scope is clean and well looked after. Comes with finder.
Open to offers
Read more : Tal 1 | Views : 958 | Replies : 2

Software

Hi all,
Can anyone help me with some advice on software, I have heard that starry night pro is good. I am new to astronomy, I don't have a laptop and at present have no intention of operating my ETX 90 via software, I just want to explore and learn about the subject.

many thanks
Read more : Software | Views : 1320 | Replies : 4

What Barlow lense?

Hi all,

I'm awaiting delivery of a new Explorer 150 (EQ3-2) telescope, should get it this weekend. I'm looking to get a Barlow lense for it, but don't know much about them? Are they "one size fits all" or do I have to get a particular kind? On this page, 3 are shown, can anyone let me know the difference, and what one I should get?

http://www.opticalvision.co.uk/prodtype.asp?PT_ID=69&strPageHistory=cat

Many thanks!
Read more : What Barlow lense? | Views : 1808 | Replies : 7

DSI

Wanted Deep sky imager
Read more : DSI | Views : 738 | Replies : 0

Skywatcher Explorer 200 [HEQ5]

Hi All,
I would like some feedback/oppinons on the Skywatcher Explorer 200 . I've looked at other scopes and this one came out on top . But would much appreciate anyones 2 pence.
Thank's in advance.
Read more : Skywatcher Explorer 200 [HEQ5] | Views : 5702 | Replies : 28

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 131866 • Total topics 20219 • Total members 145714