It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:15 pm

News News of Equipment Advice

Site map of Equipment Advice » Forum : Equipment Advice

Ask your fellow astronomers to solve your telescope queries

Skywatcher Explorer 200 [HEQ5]

Hi All,
I would like some feedback/oppinons on the Skywatcher Explorer 200 . I've looked at other scopes and this one came out on top . But would much appreciate anyones 2 pence.
Thank's in advance.
Read more : Skywatcher Explorer 200 [HEQ5] | Views : 5738 | Replies : 28

connecting tasco starguide 4 to laptop

hi, im having trouble connecting my tasco starguide 4 to my laptop, I've got Starry Night Pro Software and use it to drive my brothers Meade scope so I know the cables and com port settings etc are fine. I've loaded the ascom drivers, but I don't know if there are any drivers for this scope. Is there any other software that could be used. I'm new to this and would appreciate any help in ...
Read more : connecting tasco starguide 4 to laptop | Views : 1095 | Replies : 2

Attic Observatory

I've seen a few observatories in gardens out there but has anyone tried viewing from an attic? I am planning to put a window in my attic, enclose it in a small room insulated from the house to stop heat disturbing the viewing and poke the telescope out of the roof. It would get me above street lights and household glare. Any problems with that approach ? Why aren't others doing this?
Read more : Attic Observatory | Views : 3413 | Replies : 6

MEADE EYEPIECE

Hi All, can anyone tell me the field of view of the Meade 9.7mm eyepiece and the Meade 26mm eyepiece,both are the plossll's.

Thanks Roy.
Read more : MEADE EYEPIECE | Views : 1069 | Replies : 2

Poor encoding quality of MPEG video on coverdisc

I was given a gift subscription for Xmas, and I have the November and January issues here. I'm not really a fan of magazines, but I must say that I am impressed with both the content and layout of the magazine.

However, I found the TV episode to be of extremely poor quality, both on my Mac/PC and via a standalone DVD player. This is especially surprising, given that it is encoded at 1.7 Mbps*. ...
Read more : Poor encoding quality of MPEG video on coverdisc | Views : 1097 | Replies : 4

Jan Issue

Hi, I have not received my January issue as yet, I have sent two emails about this but have not even had a reply. Sugestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ernie
Read more : Jan Issue | Views : 1258 | Replies : 4

MEADE CCD's

Hi I have just purchased my first scope a Meade LX200 GPS 8" and would like to buy a CCD, Meade make 2 ccd's ( Deep sky imager & Pro ) and i was woundering if anyone has eather one of these and what do you think of it ? im thinking of taking photo's of planets to start with and then move on to multi images for stacking of lower light objects. Thanks in ...
Read more : MEADE CCD's | Views : 1698 | Replies : 5

Webcams

Can anyone recommend a a decent webcam that doesn't cost a fortune?
Read more : Webcams | Views : 2499 | Replies : 9

Skyhawk 1145

does anyone think these are worth it as a beginners first scope??? £100 and £110 respectively
any comments would be appreciated
regards M Brown

Skyhawk 1145

SKYHAWK-1145 114mm (4.5”) f/500 Parabolic Newtonian Reflector

http://www.warehouseexpress.com/Images/skywatcher/SKYHAWK-1145.gif
• Magnifications (with eyepieces supplied): x20, x40, x50 & x100
• Highest Practical Power (Potential): x228
• Diameter of Primary Mirror: 114mm
• Telescope Focal Length: 500mm (f/5)
• Eyepieces Supplied (1.25”): 10mm & 25mm
• X2 Barlow Lens
• Parabolic ...
Read more : Skyhawk 1145 | Views : 15202 | Replies : 10

Buying my first light filter. HELP !!!

Could anybody give me advice on getting a light filter. I have heard that some give artificial colours, i would rather not have one of these.
Would i be able to get something reasonable for around £50 ??

I'm using a 4 1/2" f4.5 reflector and an 8" f4 reflector Any replies appreciated
Read more : Buying my first light filter. HELP !!! | Views : 1932 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 131902 • Total topics 20229 • Total members 145749