It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:26 am

News News of Equipment Advice

Site map of Equipment Advice » Forum : Equipment Advice

Ask your fellow astronomers to solve your telescope queries

MOVED: Orbiter 2005

General: http://forum.skyatnightmagazine.com/fb.asp?m=296
Read more : MOVED: Orbiter 2005 | Views : 735 | Replies : 0

Problems with coverdisk

Does anyone share my problems with the coverdisk? When I view certain Bonus Features (mostly films) the wrong one is shown. No amount of restarting or reloading will solve this. I am therefore stuck only to view certain videos.
Read more : Problems with coverdisk | Views : 1306 | Replies : 4

Broken Finder

I have got a finder for my 60mm refractor whose "crosshairs" are broken. Can anyone suggest a good way to have it fixed?
Read more : Broken Finder | Views : 3579 | Replies : 14

Finder scope

I've got a Meade ETX-70AT and I would really like a finder scope to go with it, (for those nights when the Autostar and I don't see eye to eye!)

Either red dot or with lenses, I'm not fussed. Can anyone recommend a cheap one please and what's the best way of fixing it to this sort of 'scope?

Thanks in advance.
Read more : Finder scope | Views : 809 | Replies : 1

Suggest cheap scopes for an amateur on limited budget

I already have one 60mm refractor, but feel that another telescope would really heighten my appreciation of the heavens.
Can anyone suggest a cheap, good value, all-round telescope please?
Read more : Suggest cheap scopes for an amateur on limited budget | Views : 3699 | Replies : 19

Lenses

What size lenses would you recommend I buy for my Meade 90etx? it comes with a 26mm and with xmas money I'm going to buy a few as well a 2 x barlow lense??
Read more : Lenses | Views : 1285 | Replies : 4

Astro photgraphy

I've got a MEADE 90ETX PE. At some point in the early new year I would like to get started with a bit of photography. I've not properly researched this yet (starting that right now!) but in my manual it only goes into photography with a 35mm camera. I was wondering if this is the only means of photography with this telescope? I own a NIKON digital camera and was hoping this would be adequate, ...
Read more : Astro photgraphy | Views : 2094 | Replies : 6

lidl scope

Did anybody see/ buy the Bresser/ Meade refractor on sale today, 15th. Dec?
Peter
Read more : lidl scope | Views : 1215 | Replies : 3

6" dobsonian new, £99 in UK

http://www.warehouseexpress.com/ express are selling a 6" bushnell dobsonian special limited offer, click on astromical on the left handside. From somewhere else I've seen the link from it seems they're not the best optics, but at £99 for 6", beginners could possibly be in for a good offer.
Read more : 6" dobsonian new, £99 in UK | Views : 2874 | Replies : 14

Celestron LPR Binoculars ?

Hi

Anyone out there who uses Celestron LPR binoculars? The write-ups seem to be spit, on the one hand they do an excellent job of cutting light pollution and enhancing the views of certain nebula. Others say that the BAK 7 prisms are not as good as the BAK 4's and the overall quality is not good.
I have been toying with the idea of getting some, but would love to hear what other users ...
Read more : Celestron LPR Binoculars ? | Views : 751 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 131573 • Total topics 20129 • Total members 145105