It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:20 am

News News of Equipment Advice

Site map of Equipment Advice » Forum : Equipment Advice

Ask your fellow astronomers to solve your telescope queries

Improving Optics

Hi All.

I have a Skywatcher Mak 127 and being new to the game and living in a light polluted SE London am wondering if its possible to upgrade my diagonal to 2" and would it improve performance??

Cheers

Steve
Read more : Improving Optics | Views : 949 | Replies : 1

book needed.....

As a newcomer can anyone recommend a book or guide that would help me locate the planets throughout the year?
thanks, Pete
Read more : book needed..... | Views : 1487 | Replies : 5

Celestron Nexstar 130 SLT - anyone got one ?

I'm a beginner looking to buy a first telescope and should have up to £300 to spend. I'm tempted by this model as I will have to travel to a better viewing location and don't want too much weight or too much set up time.

Can an owner advise me if set up is as easy and accurate as the literature suggests to justify the extra cost over something like a motorised Sky-Watcher ?
Read more : Celestron Nexstar 130 SLT - anyone got one ? | Views : 1481 | Replies : 5

Camera for Aurora & meteors

I want to get an all sky camera running but im not to sure where it get it from and what to get. I have been told about the Mintron MTV-12V1-EX Video Camera and the WAT 902H. Do i need a lens for the WAT, its abit more expensive but seems the better camera. I dont want anything for serious work just to capture aurora and a respectable faintness of meteors. Could someone give me ...
Read more : Camera for Aurora & meteors | Views : 801 | Replies : 0

MOVED: Orbiter 2005

General: http://forum.skyatnightmagazine.com/fb.asp?m=296
Read more : MOVED: Orbiter 2005 | Views : 787 | Replies : 0

Problems with coverdisk

Does anyone share my problems with the coverdisk? When I view certain Bonus Features (mostly films) the wrong one is shown. No amount of restarting or reloading will solve this. I am therefore stuck only to view certain videos.
Read more : Problems with coverdisk | Views : 1414 | Replies : 4

Broken Finder

I have got a finder for my 60mm refractor whose "crosshairs" are broken. Can anyone suggest a good way to have it fixed?
Read more : Broken Finder | Views : 3756 | Replies : 14

Finder scope

I've got a Meade ETX-70AT and I would really like a finder scope to go with it, (for those nights when the Autostar and I don't see eye to eye!)

Either red dot or with lenses, I'm not fussed. Can anyone recommend a cheap one please and what's the best way of fixing it to this sort of 'scope?

Thanks in advance.
Read more : Finder scope | Views : 881 | Replies : 1

Suggest cheap scopes for an amateur on limited budget

I already have one 60mm refractor, but feel that another telescope would really heighten my appreciation of the heavens.
Can anyone suggest a cheap, good value, all-round telescope please?
Read more : Suggest cheap scopes for an amateur on limited budget | Views : 3924 | Replies : 19

Lenses

What size lenses would you recommend I buy for my Meade 90etx? it comes with a 26mm and with xmas money I'm going to buy a few as well a 2 x barlow lense??
Read more : Lenses | Views : 1397 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 131778 • Total topics 20201 • Total members 145504