Switch to mobile style

It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:08 am

News News of Equipment Advice

Site map of Equipment Advice » Forum : Equipment Advice

Ask your fellow astronomers to solve your telescope queries

Moonfish and revelation eyepieces

Hi all

I know the 30mm ultrawide 2" ep got rave reviews from s@n, but how do their 1.25" ep's fare? anyone tried them out? How do they fare with the more expensive ep's

Also since I got a 10" revelation dob, I've found someone selling revelation ep 1.25" set. Does anyone know if they're any good?

Also if you know of any good offers on ep's please post :)
Read more : Moonfish and revelation eyepieces | Views : 1143 | Replies : 1

CCD or astro digital SLR?

I have been thinking about moving on to a Starlightexpress, possibly the SXV M8 C although I still need to educate my self in these things. I was sticking to CCD technology because I always hear that digital SLRs can't handle long exposures with out creating loads of noise. Now I have just found this Canon 20DA astro digital SLR. What do you think of this? How would it compare to the SXV M8 C? ...
Read more : CCD or astro digital SLR? | Views : 2971 | Replies : 9

MEADE LPI

I got this with the meade etx 90 ec. Does anyone else have the meade LPI. Im confused of how to use it, perhaps someone could help please?

I know how to set it up, im just a tiny bit confused of how to use it on the PC.

Thank you...
Read more : MEADE LPI | Views : 2287 | Replies : 6

Photo Gallery

How do i add photos to the gallery?

Thanks...
Read more : Photo Gallery | Views : 1282 | Replies : 3

How did you choose your 2nd scope?

Hi all,

As the owner of a 6" Newtonian, and now thinking of upgrading to a guided scope, I'd be interested to hear of the decision-making process you took in the choice of your second scope.

What was the biggest difference , viewing wise, between your 2 scopes.

Do you feel you made the right choice?

If it is a guided scope, how reliable/accurate is the scope after months of use?

Hope some of you ...
Read more : How did you choose your 2nd scope? | Views : 2890 | Replies : 10

filters

wat are the best buy of filters for ccd photography and wat are the filter numbers RGB
Read more : filters | Views : 992 | Replies : 1

advive please

I am considering buying my first scope and admit to being a novice.
Believe it or not my local Lidl supermarket is advertising this. A Bresser Skylux 70mm refractor, 700mm focal length with tripod, eyepieces etc. This is £50.
Will it be any use at all for planetary observation?
I would appreciate any comments, Peter
Read more : advive please | Views : 3142 | Replies : 11

Updating telescope, Help please!

I so far have a celestron 4.5" and a meade etx 90 GOTO but am looking to update to the 10" Dobsonian sky watcher. Would this give me good views of planets and nebulas? as i want to view more.

I have a budget of £500, what would be best to get, or should i stick to getting the 10"?

Thank you!
Read more : Updating telescope, Help please! | Views : 3628 | Replies : 17

Astronomical software

Is it possible to compile a list of all of the worthwhile and useful freeware programs available?
Read more : Astronomical software | Views : 2067 | Replies : 7

Start up astronomer seeks guidance

I've been interested in stars and planets for years but only since 'Sky At Night' magazine came on the shelves have I a/ been able to learn more about astronomy without needing a degree and b/ given serious thought to purchasing a telescope so that I can take a proper look at what's out there.

With a start-up budget of £200 or less if possible, what would more experienced astronomers recommend as a first decent ...
Read more : Start up astronomer seeks guidance | Views : 3100 | Replies : 13

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 131699 • Total topics 20166 • Total members 145324