It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:01 am

News News of Astro Talk

Site map of Astro Talk » Forum : Astro Talk

filters

wat are the best buy of filters for ccd photography and wat are the filter numbers RGB
Read more : filters | Views : 994 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Equipment Advice

advive please

I am considering buying my first scope and admit to being a novice.
Believe it or not my local Lidl supermarket is advertising this. A Bresser Skylux 70mm refractor, 700mm focal length with tripod, eyepieces etc. This is £50.
Will it be any use at all for planetary observation?
I would appreciate any comments, Peter
Read more : advive please | Views : 3146 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Equipment Advice

New S@N forum's good!

Great new forum! I think I will be dropping by frequently. I'm quite new to astonomy, although I have always had an interest, and have enjoyed The Sky At Night programs sinse I was a child. I recently purchased my second telescope, and am really getting into CCD imaging now. If only we had more clear skies in Britain!
Read more : New S@N forum's good! | Views : 1058 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General

Mars at its closest

November was the month when Mars came to its closest to Earth! Did anyone get any Pictures?

Mine didnt come out too well.
Read more : Mars at its closest | Views : 2087 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Your astro observations, images & sketches

Sir Patrick Moore.

Hi Gang,
Has anyone out there met Sir Patrick! I have spoken to him many times on the phone and found him to be a complete gentleman with a great sense of humour. I hope one day to meet the great man in person. I would like to hear from anyone who has met him and would share the experience.
jsc248.
Read more : Sir Patrick Moore. | Views : 8873 | Replies : 52 | Forum : General

Astronomy at Home!

Hi Gang,
At the grand old age of forty four I achieved my first step in the academic rung. In July of this year I was awarded a certificate of higher education in astronomy from John Moores University in Liverpool. This was all done by distance learning in front of my P.C. at home. I am now going to try and take the studies further by studying for a BSc in Astronomy from the Open ...
Read more : Astronomy at Home! | Views : 3176 | Replies : 15 | Forum : General

Anyone struggling with the colour scheme of the forum?

I think the magazine is superb.

My only gripe is this forum.

The colour scheme is doing my head in already! I've only been here for 5 minutes and I can feel a migraine coming on, lol !

Hey mods, how about a button or something that allows us to change the colour scheme to something more legible for us 'oldies' on the forum.

I've seen it done on other sites, so can't be too ...
Read more : Anyone struggling with the colour scheme of the forum? | Views : 4774 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General

Updating telescope, Help please!

I so far have a celestron 4.5" and a meade etx 90 GOTO but am looking to update to the 10" Dobsonian sky watcher. Would this give me good views of planets and nebulas? as i want to view more.

I have a budget of £500, what would be best to get, or should i stick to getting the 10"?

Thank you!
Read more : Updating telescope, Help please! | Views : 3634 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Equipment Advice

Astronomical software

Is it possible to compile a list of all of the worthwhile and useful freeware programs available?
Read more : Astronomical software | Views : 2069 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Equipment Advice

Start up astronomer seeks guidance

I've been interested in stars and planets for years but only since 'Sky At Night' magazine came on the shelves have I a/ been able to learn more about astronomy without needing a degree and b/ given serious thought to purchasing a telescope so that I can take a proper look at what's out there.

With a start-up budget of £200 or less if possible, what would more experienced astronomers recommend as a first decent ...
Read more : Start up astronomer seeks guidance | Views : 3107 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Equipment Advice

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 131708 • Total topics 20170 • Total members 145330