It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:03 pm

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

A place for general chat about Sky at Night Magazine

Happy Birthday

Many happy returns to Suzy and Col. May the sky clear for you today.

Margot
Read more : Happy Birthday | Views : 1021 | Replies : 1

Daylight Saving

If you have a GoTo Telescope system, don't forget that from today you now have to select 'YES' to the Daylight Saving Time option/question when you set up for your viewing session.

If you have a 'Clear Skies' option, I recommend you select this too ......
Read more : Daylight Saving | Views : 727 | Replies : 0

Bemused!!

Why does the latest issue of Sky @ Night carry a full page advert for 'Gardeners World' ?

Is it a mistake, or does someone somewhere actually believe that its 'in-keeping' with an astronomy publication?

Dave, bemused
Read more : Bemused!! | Views : 4365 | Replies : 11

Page 23 of the April issue

Thanks to my good astrobuddy jsc248 (John) & an e-mail tip-off this morning from him, I turned to page 23 of this month's Sky at Night to see a new section entitled "Posts from the Forum".

As usual, John gets a mention - (check out the number of letters he's had printed since issue 1) - but I see a rather embarrasing comment I made at the foot of the page about people changing their ...
Read more : Page 23 of the April issue | Views : 1816 | Replies : 6

April issue just arrived

Really like the main cover...and DELIGHTED to see it comes with a complete episode from the 1960s...number 39 i think it is...Really nice surprise...coupled with an hour long "new" episode makes for a nice weekends viewing i think!

Also have the BBC4 doc from earlier in the week still to watch

Not so keen on the next issue bit though...i think it will be obvious which bit in partiucular!
Read more : April issue just arrived | Views : 3968 | Replies : 10

Sky At Night sold £78 the lot

Just sold the first year for £78. Not as good as some, but I missed the boat I think :-)

Still happy tho'
Read more : Sky At Night sold £78 the lot | Views : 2409 | Replies : 8

Frequency

Why is this magazine a monthly? Shouldn't it be published once every 4 weeks, with occassional special and double-length issues? ;-)
Read more : Frequency | Views : 2187 | Replies : 7

Is there life out there?

Hello everybody,

Yesterday I saw an interesting programme in one of the hystory/science channels about the possibility of life in other galaxies (or may be life closer to us.) Among other things, they were saying that the scientific world has got ears everywhere and if there were any signs of intelligent life anywhere in the galaxy a signal should have been picked up by now.

What do you think? Any possible explanations on UFO's? What ...
Read more : Is there life out there? | Views : 6510 | Replies : 26

2" Star diagonal

On page 100 of March's issue there is an Antares 2" diagonal retailing at £46. The article states that by using this on my Meade SCT it will improve low power views by increasing FOV. However, as all my eyepieces are 1.25", would there be any benefit to me and would I be able to still use them or would I need 'to go large'? The picture appears to show a 1.25" adaptor fitted, am ...
Read more : 2" Star diagonal | Views : 3824 | Replies : 12

Sir Patrick Moore

Hello All
Just a quick message to say I've heard this morning that Sir Patrick was due to have a heart operation today.

I would like to say good luck and wish him a speedy recovery. I.m sure everybody else in this forum, magazine etc. wish him well too.

Over and out.

Margot

Read more : Sir Patrick Moore | Views : 1318 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 131874 • Total topics 20221 • Total members 145719