It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:17 am

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

A place for general chat about Sky at Night Magazine

Patrick Moore Plays The Xylophone!

Hi Gang,
I came across this rather annoying little cartoon and tune quite by accident today. If this is not one of the most annoying tunes you've ever heard, then let me know!
http://www.gamegarage.co.uk/play/patrick-moore/link/
John.
Read more : Patrick Moore Plays The Xylophone! | Views : 5117 | Replies : 15

sky maps

hi,all, can anyone recommend a good star atlas/map,
i need to be able to take it with me out and about.
cheers,andy.
Read more : sky maps | Views : 4901 | Replies : 14

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Hello there,

Just to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MICHAEL AND HANSG.

Hope you've got something nice and useful outdoors.

Margot
Read more : HAPPY BIRTHDAY | Views : 1496 | Replies : 2

Help Needed on issue 8

Hi All.

I need your help. When i renewed my subscription to sky at night magazine over christmas, I must of left it late because i missed issue 8 january's Magazine.
I've been in contact with with the sky at night people but they said it was sent and must of been lost in the post and now they cant replace it because they have sold out of issue 8 january.

Can anyone out there ...
Read more : Help Needed on issue 8 | Views : 1959 | Replies : 4

Just a suggestion.....

Hello all,
I was just looking in my wardrobe (almost mimics narnia it's so big) where i keep all my astro books, and thats a lot: When i saw a 'Box Of Stars'. I think this is a wonderful idea. It has every single constellation with the pictures to go with it, but the most important bit is that the individual satrs that make up the constellation have been pricked through. So if you hold ...
Read more : Just a suggestion..... | Views : 2651 | Replies : 8

I have seen the light!

I have been a keen amatuer astronomer for some years, but up till now have preferred Sky & Telescope to any UK magazine. I found Telescope Now to be a bit simplistic sometimes and only persevered with it because it was UK based. When S&N magazine came out, I was put off by the price (I am not Scottish for nothing http://forum.skyatnightmagazine.com/micons/m9.gif ) and after looking quickly through it, I decided not to buy it ...
Read more : I have seen the light! | Views : 3971 | Replies : 10

Happy Birthday

Many happy returns to Suzy and Col. May the sky clear for you today.

Margot
Read more : Happy Birthday | Views : 1209 | Replies : 1

Daylight Saving

If you have a GoTo Telescope system, don't forget that from today you now have to select 'YES' to the Daylight Saving Time option/question when you set up for your viewing session.

If you have a 'Clear Skies' option, I recommend you select this too ......
Read more : Daylight Saving | Views : 870 | Replies : 0

Bemused!!

Why does the latest issue of Sky @ Night carry a full page advert for 'Gardeners World' ?

Is it a mistake, or does someone somewhere actually believe that its 'in-keeping' with an astronomy publication?

Dave, bemused
Read more : Bemused!! | Views : 4921 | Replies : 11

Page 23 of the April issue

Thanks to my good astrobuddy jsc248 (John) & an e-mail tip-off this morning from him, I turned to page 23 of this month's Sky at Night to see a new section entitled "Posts from the Forum".

As usual, John gets a mention - (check out the number of letters he's had printed since issue 1) - but I see a rather embarrasing comment I made at the foot of the page about people changing their ...
Read more : Page 23 of the April issue | Views : 2171 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 132306 • Total topics 20334 • Total members 146655