It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:59 pm

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

A place for general chat about Sky at Night Magazine

April issue just arrived

Really like the main cover...and DELIGHTED to see it comes with a complete episode from the 1960s...number 39 i think it is...Really nice surprise...coupled with an hour long "new" episode makes for a nice weekends viewing i think!

Also have the BBC4 doc from earlier in the week still to watch

Not so keen on the next issue bit though...i think it will be obvious which bit in partiucular!
Read more : April issue just arrived | Views : 3780 | Replies : 10

Sky At Night sold £78 the lot

Just sold the first year for £78. Not as good as some, but I missed the boat I think :-)

Still happy tho'
Read more : Sky At Night sold £78 the lot | Views : 2272 | Replies : 8

Frequency

Why is this magazine a monthly? Shouldn't it be published once every 4 weeks, with occassional special and double-length issues? ;-)
Read more : Frequency | Views : 2056 | Replies : 7

Is there life out there?

Hello everybody,

Yesterday I saw an interesting programme in one of the hystory/science channels about the possibility of life in other galaxies (or may be life closer to us.) Among other things, they were saying that the scientific world has got ears everywhere and if there were any signs of intelligent life anywhere in the galaxy a signal should have been picked up by now.

What do you think? Any possible explanations on UFO's? What ...
Read more : Is there life out there? | Views : 6095 | Replies : 26

2" Star diagonal

On page 100 of March's issue there is an Antares 2" diagonal retailing at £46. The article states that by using this on my Meade SCT it will improve low power views by increasing FOV. However, as all my eyepieces are 1.25", would there be any benefit to me and would I be able to still use them or would I need 'to go large'? The picture appears to show a 1.25" adaptor fitted, am ...
Read more : 2" Star diagonal | Views : 3656 | Replies : 12

Sir Patrick Moore

Hello All
Just a quick message to say I've heard this morning that Sir Patrick was due to have a heart operation today.

I would like to say good luck and wish him a speedy recovery. I.m sure everybody else in this forum, magazine etc. wish him well too.

Over and out.

Margot

Read more : Sir Patrick Moore | Views : 1220 | Replies : 4

March issue

Hi all,

I've just been reading the article re comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann on page 56 of this months mag and have a couple of queries.

The comet is refered to as 73P---- and the chart with the article refers to 43P---, I presume this is just a misprint but what do the numbers and the 'P' stand for. My Starry Night software lists another one ( 31P I think) so it must stand for something. Also ...
Read more : March issue | Views : 2265 | Replies : 8

Worst Gaff

Hi Everyone,

Just joined this forum but have been into astronomy for several years.

Anyway I was wondering has anyone else had a 'senior' moment. I will explain, I got a celestron G8 about 5 years ago works great, however I was never happy with the finder scope and it got to the point this weekend where it was going in the skip, took it of the scope and was turning ...
Read more : Worst Gaff | Views : 3118 | Replies : 11

Hotshots

I would just like to say how beautiful some of this month's (March) hotshot photies are, well done to all involved. http://forum.skyatnightmagazine.com/micons/m6.gif
Read more : Hotshots | Views : 1239 | Replies : 2

Has anyone seen Pluto.

HI All,
Theres some debate on the forum over Pluto ,but how many of us have seen it in the eyepiece.I havent ,I've never had a scope large enough,but in the age of large apatures and GOTO's Im surprised no one has mentioned observing it.Do you ware the Pluto badge of honour?
Regards Les.
Read more : Has anyone seen Pluto. | Views : 1973 | Replies : 7

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 131700 • Total topics 20166 • Total members 145320